According to Tesla, Top Gear's review had “contained lies and misinformation about the Roadster’s performance, behaviour and reliability.” It boils down to 5 areas:
1. “The Roadster ran out of charge and had to be pushed into the Top Gear hangar by four men.”
2. “The Roadster’s true range is only 55 miles per charge (not 211).”
3. “One Roadster’s motor overheated and was completely immobilized as a result.”
4. “The other Roadster’s brakes were broken, rendering the car undriveable.”
5. “That neither of the two Roadsters provided to Top Gear was available for test driving due to these problems.”
Honestly, I couldn't care less about what Tesla wants to do with Top Gear because they are totally missing the point of the show, that it is in fact just 'a show'. And with Top Gears track record of being harsh on many cars these days including the infamous Perodua episode, it shouldn't be a surprise to them that Clarkson would spew out some form of criticism that may have been exaggerated but cannot be considered as a 'fact' in the true sense of the word. Well what do you think?