1. The Spirit of Ecstasy on Rolls-Royce's latest model, Wraith, is positioned on a slightly different plane to other models. It is placed further forward on the grille and angled by five degrees. Her eager position draws the eye up and along the bonnet, helping define the development of three harmonious lines - the waftability line, waist line and roof line.
2. As a mark of respect to the emblem and the marque, walking across the front of the car is considered disrespectful.
3. One of the most popular bespoke features in China is a gold plated Spirit of Ecstasy.
4. A particular customer in India had a special request for his Spirit of Ecstasy to be decked in ruby and diamonds.
5. The Spirit of Ecstasy can be set to 'auto' (retracts when you switch off the engine), or manually controlled via a button in the glovebox (Phantom) or from the rotary controller (Ghost and Wraith). And if you hit the Spirit of Ecstasy with some force (e.g. with your hand), it will also retract.