Jump to content

MyCarForum Logo
Search
Magnifying glass

SEARCH

2

Russian businessman now owns 99 percent of the Nurburgring

By Faiming_low on 30 Apr 2016 in Other News

Attached Image Viktor Kharitonin, a Russian businessman, now owns 99 percent of the Nurburgring track, according Forbes Russia. Kharitonin, who is the co-founder of a pharmaceutical company, bought the remaining 19 percent at a price of S$58 million. He had acquired 80 percent of the the track back in 2014 and the total cost of owning 99 percent of Nurburgring is estimated to be close to S$118 million.

The remaining last percent of the track is kept by GetSpeed, a German company that provides a accommodation and car care for drivers who go to the Nurburgring.

The track's speed restrictions were lifted recently after a fatal crash on the Flugplatz section last March involving a spectator caused the Nürburgring track management to impose speed limits.

Viewed: 2,083 times

Faiming_low
Written by Faiming_low
Since young, Fai Ming has always centered his life around cars. In fact his first word was 'car' and not 'mum' or 'dad'. Aren't kids cute?



  • 1
Turboflat4 May 02 2016 12:07 PM
That fatal crash was of a Nismo GTR during the VLN endurance series and the only fatality was an idiotic spectator who'd jumped one of the safety fences meant to protect his stupid ass.
Faiming_low May 02 2016 06:28 PM

That fatal crash was of a Nismo GTR during the VLN endurance series and the only fatality was an idiotic spectator who'd jumped one of the safety fences meant to protect his stupid ass.

 

That's right.

  • 1
 
Car Makes

Please select a car make

Facebook Likes
   Featured Blog Post
Photo
The latest MyCarForum Hangout with Perodua witnessed the launch of the brand new Perodua Bezza, t...
POPULAR BLOG POSTS
Photo
Despite the recent spate of accidents, banning electric bikes - or other personal mobility device...
Photo
Lennart Ribring at the age of 97-year old, has bought a brand new Ford Mustang V8 in Sweden. He i...
Photo
The younger generation might wonder how and why COE for Singapore vehicles came about. Find out w...
Photo
Mercedes-Benz has released a teaser video of its soon-to-be unveiled E-class coupe. The 21-second...
Photo
A U.K. insurance company has reported that car parking accidents have cost U.K. motorists £1.4 mi...
   Lifestyle Articles