Also in the report, SUVs now make up 31.9 percent of the overall market, an increase from the 27.6 percent recorded during the same period last year. Sales of these type of cars increased by 21.6 percent as compared to last year. Leading the race for best-selling model is Nissan's Qashqai with 230,860 units. It is fifth in the overall listing.
Even though the numbers were tabulated till November, it is likely that Volkswagen will remain the best-selling brand for 2017 in Europe. It has since sold 1,567,748 units while Renault and Ford sold 1,040,268 and 977,322 units respectively.
The below is the list of Europe's best-selling models.
- 1. Volkswagen Golf - 445,206 units
- 2. Renault Clio - 298,990 units
- 3. Volkswagen Polo - 255,370 units
- 4. Ford Fiesta - 237,770 units
- 5. Nissan Qashqai - 230,860 units
- 6. Peugeot 208 - 225,198 units
- 7. Opel Corsa - 221,497 units
- 8. Volkswagen Tiguan - 218,238 units
- 9. Skoda Octavia - 214,329 units
- 10. Opel Astra - 204,742 units