Tata Nano Spontaneous Combustion Problem Emerging?

Blackseal

Rumors have been surfacing in India about dangerous problems with the Tata Nano. One unit of the ultimate entry-level car reportedly burst into flames while being driven in Mumbai.

While being driven home in his new Nano just after taking delivery, Satish Sawant noticed a motorcyclist signaling there was a problem with his car. Indian Autos Blog reports that the biker furiously pointed to the rear of the car, which was apparently in flames.

"I have no idea what happened," Sawant said. "The engine was behind me and I did not realise that the car was on fire."

The driver and passenger got out of the car safely. Firefighters successfully extinguished the flames, and police in the city have begun an investigation.

Vehicles of all types and brands catching fire on their own is nothing new. However, stories of other Nanos have recently surfaced about smoke emerging from the car's steering column, wheel bearings that spike in temperature, and general overheating.

With the engine in the Nano's rear, it leads one to wonder if the car has the same design flaw as the original Abarth 500. Owners of the original Abarth 500 had to use a stick to keep the trunk propped open to keep the car from overheating.

post-34373-1269371212_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Tata Nano had faced problems in its initial stage but it has also improved a lot and come a long way in past 7 years. Its latest Tata GenX Nano in XTA and XMT is very popular not only in India but in Nepal, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Philippines. It is high time that people start correcting their posts and updating it with right and current information.

• Dislike 3

Exactly and hence I have tried to remove the misconception people have about nano. Is that wrong by any chance, Excuse me!

that a great effort to removed all doubts by you.

Pointless as it maybe. Its not sold here by the way.

But carry on this crusade. 

I am sure someone may benefit 

• Praise 1

Exactly and hence I have tried to remove the misconception people have about nano. Is that wrong by any chance, Excuse me!

i have not seen that many or numbers of Nano's in India, mostly are the korean breeds (I think Hyundai was leading ) and off shoots of the Suzuki (maruti) breeds ; it was touted once as the cheapest car in the world but never took off well due to hiccups ....... and the features were really bare bone I remember . it takes many years and years to develop a brand appreciation; I remember in the old days the TATA trucks (mostly seen in Malaysia) were real/ reliable workhorses.... but these days I dont see much if any TATA trucks 

Note: The Car Industry is not easy to take on and with the unpredictable rules and regulations in India .... Competition is cut throat and even big brands are smart and making cars in Thailand/Indonesia /China and even India itself so its not gotta be easy for sure .... Look at what happened to Ambassador...  its going to be a rare car soon

..... Just sharing my $0.02    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Tata Nano will be gone by nest year.

'World’s cheapest Car' Tata Nano to be discontinued from 2019

http://www.youthincmag.com/worlds-cheapest-car-tata-nano-to-be-discontinued-from-2019

Tata-Nano-696x487.jpg

Tata Nano manufacturers Tata motors have confirmed that the Nano car is near extinction. The company confirmed that the 10 year old car “in its present form cannot continue production beyond 2019”.

Tata Motors said that in June 2017, they had produced 275 units of the car, but in 2018 only managed to produce one unit of the car with zero imports. However, the discontinuation of the production of the car isn’t surprising, given the number of times the car has blown up and inconvenienced many.

The ‘People’s Car’ was deemed an ambitious feat by many, but failed in its delivery. Yet, it certainly benefited middle-class families in a world where the astronomical rates of cars almost made owning one a luxury. A stark dip in sales and exports, and losses amounting to an astounding Rs. 1000 crore  left them with no other choice but to discontinue manufacturing of the cars completely.

A statement released by Tata Motors read, “We are well aware that the Nano in its present form cannot continue beyond 2019 and may need fresh investments to survive. No decision has been made yet in this regard. Meanwhile, we continue to produce Nano catering to customer demand in key markets.”

Nano is the worst performing among all Tata manufactured automobiles and despite repeated attempts, sales failed to pick up speed. However, despite the ups and downs associated with the ‘World’s Cheapest Car’ during its 8-year run, the company stood by the product.

Tata Nano was launched in 2009 with much glamour and was also nick-name the ‘Lakhtakia Car’. The initial price of the car stood at Rs. 1 lakh, but shot up due to a quick increase in demand, and a surge in production costs.

As of now, the car is priced at Rs. 2.36 lakhs and above. However, despite its discontinuation, Tata Motors will continue importing the Nano, should there be a demand.

• Praise 1

Tata Nano will be gone by nest year.

'World’s cheapest Car' Tata Nano to be discontinued from 2019

http://www.youthincmag.com/worlds-cheapest-car-tata-nano-to-be-discontinued-from-2019

Tata-Nano-696x487.jpg

Tata Nano manufacturers Tata motors have confirmed that the Nano car is near extinction. The company confirmed that the 10 year old car “in its present form cannot continue production beyond 2019”.

Tata Motors said that in June 2017, they had produced 275 units of the car, but in 2018 only managed to produce one unit of the car with zero imports. However, the discontinuation of the production of the car isn’t surprising, given the number of times the car has blown up and inconvenienced many.

The ‘People’s Car’ was deemed an ambitious feat by many, but failed in its delivery. Yet, it certainly benefited middle-class families in a world where the astronomical rates of cars almost made owning one a luxury. A stark dip in sales and exports, and losses amounting to an astounding Rs. 1000 crore  left them with no other choice but to discontinue manufacturing of the cars completely.

A statement released by Tata Motors read, “We are well aware that the Nano in its present form cannot continue beyond 2019 and may need fresh investments to survive. No decision has been made yet in this regard. Meanwhile, we continue to produce Nano catering to customer demand in key markets.”

Nano is the worst performing among all Tata manufactured automobiles and despite repeated attempts, sales failed to pick up speed. However, despite the ups and downs associated with the ‘World’s Cheapest Car’ during its 8-year run, the company stood by the product.

Tata Nano was launched in 2009 with much glamour and was also nick-name the ‘Lakhtakia Car’. The initial price of the car stood at Rs. 1 lakh, but shot up due to a quick increase in demand, and a surge in production costs.

As of now, the car is priced at Rs. 2.36 lakhs and above. However, despite its discontinuation, Tata Motors will continue importing the Nano, should there be a demand.

This is so obvious lor. Blown up not only inconvenienced many, can also die maybe. But hey I am a pessimistic guy.

Well at least that's India for you. Still thinking good cheap and faster? Rethink again.

the car has blown up and inconvenienced many.

↡ Advertisement