2nd hand Volvo S80

Yaloryalor

Hi Guys,

My fren is thinking to buy a 2nd hand S80. Regsister year ~ 2007.

Its a 2.5L S80 (not the new model).

Any owner of this vehicle has any comments?

How is the FC and handling like? Is the maintenance high? Normal outside workshop able to service this car?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

This tank is almost 1.7t. Should be getting around 9km/L.

Many workshop can service Volvo.

Dynamite, Kian Tiong, MBM, Zenith, Gary engineering.

Stockist : Unico or Selegie Parts

My neighbour bought his S80 2.5 during Jun 2009 at S$159K

This tank is almost 1.7t. Should be getting around 9km/L.

Many workshop can service Volvo.

Dynamite, Kian Tiong, MBM, Zenith, Gary engineering.

Stockist : Unico or Selegie Parts

My neighbour bought his S80 2.5 during Jun 2009 at S$159K

Thanks Bro!

Jus went test drive with my fren. This car is very stable and good handling.

i heard from a friend who bought a 07 S60 2nd hand. he mentioned the turbo will have a hiss hiss sound after a few years.. not sure about other turbo cars.

anyway volvo resales are relatively cheaper, safe and old design not very eye pleasing.

just my opinion..

Neutral Newbie

Anybody knows which manufacture year did S80 added USB/IPOD connectivity to the default audio?

Is it cheap to retrofit from the AD? I assume some proprietary software update is required on top of the hardware.

I am looking at used S80 as well. Thanks!

i heard from a friend who bought a 07 S60 2nd hand. he mentioned the turbo will have a hiss hiss sound after a few years.. not sure about other turbo cars.

anyway volvo resales are relatively cheaper, safe and old design not very eye pleasing.

just my opinion..

The new S80 and 2007 S80 should not have much diff look on the exterior rite?

i've heard a horror story of a 2004 XC90 engine failure costing the owner $10,000. how high is the maintenance cost of a S80 then? otherwise i find it a very discreet and elegant car. good for the quiet achievers.

If you bought @ Jan/Feb 2010, it cost only $139,999 niah... for 2.5L T5...

Got diff between 2007 n 2009/2010 model, slight difference, you need to look carefully. The logo, the lights and curve at the front and back.

If you bought @ Jan/Feb 2010, it cost only $139,999 niah... for 2.5L T5...

Got diff between 2007 n 2009/2010 model, slight difference, you need to look carefully. The logo, the lights and curve at the front and back.

My fren bought liao. Yes, the logo of the new S80 is bigger. His 07 model has a smaller logo at the front.

The "VOLVO" lettering at the rear also smaller font.

Turbocharged

Now Ah pek getting poorer eyesight.

Thats why all the logo double the size. The new S80 with a portion of the Chrome steering wheel is nicer.

The 2007 and 2009 models are both 2.5 litre, 5 cylinder engine light pressure turbo. The difference is the 2009 version is more powerful, 231 bhp vs 200bhp, that is about 15% more powerful, and I actually felt a slight difference when I drove the 2007 previously and now I own the 2009 version.

The power is very good, but petrol consumption is relatively high compared to Merc E200. My normal 60% expressway, 40% town use is about 12.5l/km (or about 8km per litre), I estimate it drinks 20% more than the Merc.

• Praise 1

The 2007 and 2009 models are both 2.5 litre, 5 cylinder engine light pressure turbo. The difference is the 2009 version is more powerful, 231 bhp vs 200bhp, that is about 15% more powerful, and I actually felt a slight difference when I drove the 2007 previously and now I own the 2009 version.

The power is very good, but petrol consumption is relatively high compared to Merc E200. My normal 60% expressway, 40% town use is about 12.5l/km (or about 8km per litre), I estimate it drinks 20% more than the Merc.

I went to see the new S80. Surprisly the headlamps are not projector type. The old S80 comes with projector headlamp. -_-

My fren was told changing the timing belt cost $3k+!

Lucky the previous owner has changed it before he sold his car. [sweatdrop]

SM Motors cut cost for some of the S80 which they are selling cheaper. When the S80 2.0T (4 cylinder) came out last year, they replace the more expensive bi-xenon lamp belonging to the 2.5T to the normal lamp for the 2.0T. I am not sure if the new S80 1.6T comes with bixenon or the normal lamp. The bixenon is good, very bright.

My fren was told changing the timing belt cost $3k+!

Lucky the previous owner has changed it before he sold his car. [sweatdrop]

No lah timing belt change abt $800+.

Turbocharged
(edited)

go and change the ATF and EO and spark plug.

pump the tyre and monitor for the next 1 week.

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement