Audi A6 2.4MU Advices From Owners

JJ_JJ

Hi there!

I am considering the above for my next ride. And I have the following concerns. Can the owners of the above model or
and Audi Experts here advise me on the following?

(1) FC for the above model.
(2) Maintenance of the vehicle (Anything in particular for me to take note)
(3) Any other to take note

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hi there!

I am considering the above for my next ride. And I have the following concerns. Can the owners of the above model or

and Audi Experts here advise me on the following?

(1) FC for the above model.

(2) Maintenance of the vehicle (Anything in particular for me to take note)

(3) Any other to take note

The 2.4 already a very old model,at least 6 yrs old,for Audi,6 yrs old alot of problem 'may' comes in.

The 2.4 already a very old model,at least 6 yrs old,for Audi,6 yrs old alot of problem 'may' comes in.

Yeap you are correct. Be Merc, Bmw or A6; wear and tear issues could just be the same issue.

The current COE has gone up so much, and I am not willing to pay too much on car depre....the only option is to go for older cars.

I have fren/s who owned Benz, Merc & Audi, All German made

But frankly and no disrespect to all Audi & Beemer, their parts and maint are way above board,.

Best option is Merc, whereby parts is readily available, slightly cheaper to maintain and value for money.

Driven a Merc and will buy back a Merc in near future.

FC are quite the same here, but that depends on how heavy-footed one accelerate or hard braking.

Twincharged

Yeap you are correct. Be Merc, Bmw or A6; wear and tear issues could just be the same issue.

The current COE has gone up so much, and I am not willing to pay too much on car depre....the only option is to go for older cars.

Some older German models are not just so simple as "wear & Tear" issue,these cars have alot of electronic,that cannot be detected easily,well,also depends on how the 1st owner treat their car...anyway,look for cars with low mileage is adviceable.

Twincharged

Anyway i got a friend driving this car from new,now 7 yrs old,75K km mileage,as i knew,he changed the gearbox ECU,front suspension arms,A/C. E.coils.

Anyway i got a friend driving this car from new,now 7 yrs old,75K km mileage,as i knew,he changed the gearbox ECU,front suspension arms,A/C. E.coils.

fwah... that's a hell load of stuff

Twincharged

frankly, the smoothness of its V6 is no where near that of the cefiro............

No you are wrong,Audi's V6 IS much smoother than Nissan's,compare with my 370z.

MY goodness...hearing this makes me give up the idea. I was looking at W211 and E60 as well. Just that dealers are all pushing the prices up quite a fair bit due to COE rise. Such cars have been on sgcarmart for almost 6 months UNSOLD....now they are taking the advantage.

No you are wrong,Audi's V6 IS much smoother than Nissan's,compare with my 370z.

370Z is a different category. Cefiro and 370Z are built differently and with a different chasis to begin with :)

Some older German models are not just so simple as "wear & Tear" issue,these cars have alot of electronic,that cannot be detected easily,well,also depends on how the 1st owner treat their car...anyway,look for cars with low mileage is adviceable.

I used to drive an old merc W124, and I know the original parts are even cheaper then OEM part of other makes. Its just that the depre has gone up quite a fair bit, and making driving an older merc nearly as costly as a new one...thanks to all blood sucking dealers.

Neutral Newbie

fwah... that's a hell load of stuff

once continental makes are > 5 yrs old, a lot of parts need to be replaced

it's no joke, my friend spent > $10K to repair his merc

explains why continental cars > 5 yrs old are so much cheaper than newer continental cars

Hi, I am a current owner

(1) FC for the above model - 7-8km/l

(2) Maintenance of the vehicle (Anything in particular for me to take note) - I send my car to VAG for usual wear & tear replacements. You can look for Chan or Darren. For cheaper alternative, you can also go to Servotronic, look for Philip or Dennis

Maintenance is "normal" for conti

(3) Any other to take note - handling is crisp, drives well. No major problems. Electronic sensors cranky at times.

If you can, better to get the A6 C6 2.0T or the 3.2L, it drives better.

There's a thread on A6 C6 and a bro is selling a nice "S6"

Hi, I am a current owner

(1) FC for the above model - 7-8km/l

(2) Maintenance of the vehicle (Anything in particular for me to take note) - I send my car to VAG for usual wear & tear replacements. You can look for Chan or Darren. For cheaper alternative, you can also go to Servotronic, look for Philip or Dennis

Maintenance is "normal" for conti

(3) Any other to take note - handling is crisp, drives well. No major problems. Electronic sensors cranky at times.

If you can, better to get the A6 C6 2.0T or the 3.2L, it drives better.

There's a thread on A6 C6 and a bro is selling a nice "S6"

Thanks Aidan! I am not a forum in Audi as yet. Think I gonna get registered and hihi there now....:)

↡ Advertisement