Yaris 1.3M hitted 199km/h, Who believe?

Quantum

Yes, I also don't believe initailly

but it's true, last month I tried it out in a middle-east country HW, tachometer showed 198 to 200km/h, and my GPS record 191km/h, usually my GPS showing 8km/h slow than actual speed :D

I doubt whether it really is 1.3 engine, rental car should not be modified :o

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Why not? I've seen a 1992 G7 XLi hitting >185km/h. Stock engine

but it's true, last month I tried it out in a middle-east country HW, tachometer showed 198 to 200km/h, and my GPS record 191km/h, usually my GPS showing 8km/h slow than actual speed :D

i think you mean the speedo. tachometer measures rpm. Well it's pretty light. Just take your average proton wira, it can hit 180km/h. maybe beyond that but you need a super long stretch of road to do that. I think the yaris should be able to do so too just that your car will be very loud and the minute you take your foot of the gas, the car slows down very quickly.

i think you mean the speedo. tachometer measures rpm. Well it's pretty light. Just take your average proton wira, it can hit 180km/h. maybe beyond that but you need a super long stretch of road to do that. I think the yaris should be able to do so too just that your car will be very loud and the minute you take your foot of the gas, the car slows down very quickly.

Yes, Speedo, and long stretch road

I think it took less 30 secs from 120 to 199km/h,

Yes, Speedo, and long stretch road

I think it took less 30 secs from 120 to 199km/h,

if a proton can i don't see why a yaris can't.

U expect him to take pic at that kind of speed. [laugh]

Such an incredible story of course must provide pic to be convincing.

Such a small engine you can imagine it will likely to have taken at least 3 days to reach that kinda speed. Middle east might have large desert land to reach any speeds but with the sand getting into the air intake I doubt it can even hit 160km/hr.

(edited)

1.3? Probably could do 199. I've seen old Sagas doing 180+.

Tuned Yaris? This dude is now running 430 crank HP on his 1.5 :D

Edited by Holdenutessv

Supercharged

Most likely a 1.5l... some working at the rental store dont even know what is the engine capacity of the car...

Turbocharged

its not what speed you can reach but how long it took you to reach it..

Exactly.

I believe all cars can hit 199km/h. It's how long it takes to reach it. And i believe the yaris did not have a limiter that's why can..

Exactly.

I believe all cars can hit 199km/h. It's how long it takes to reach it. And i believe the yaris did not have a limiter that's why can..

I didn't count but felt less than 30secs from 110 to 199km/h, it's impossible a long time empty on express way for your ramping up :D

and felt it even was faster than my 1.8 civic (M) hit 200km/h on NSHW :angry:

↡ Advertisement