Insurance vs warranty

Ysc3

Twincharged
(edited)

came across a funny question today posted in another forum.

a person bought a car from a PI.

the car comes with warranty.

the person bought his own car insurance under authorised workshop.

2 months later, kenah accident.

now this person dunno what to do.

bring to his insurance's authorised workshop, was advised, his warranty may be compromised.

bring back to PI but PI don't cover insurance claim. (btw, warranty got cover accident or not ?)

so how ?

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement

bring to his insurance's authorised workshop, was advised, his warranty may be compromised.

bring back to PI but PI don't cover insurance claim. (btw, warranty got cover accident or not ?)

so how ?

General practice for  ADs is that all accident repair must be performed by the AD or their authorized workshops, otherwise warranty will be void.

For PI, they dont even have their workshops or authorized workshops , how are they going to to accident repair to begin with?  

Next, what kind of warranty are they giving? Most of PI's warranty is as good as nothing. If it is a manufacturer recall, the warranty is given by the manufacturer, not the PI. When a recall happen, all affected vehicles will be given the parts to rectify the problem regardless a car has an accident repair before.

Did the insurance authorized workshop know it was a PI car? or his comment about  "warranty may be compromised"  was just a casual/standard  comment or he he knows something that your friend does not? 

It is best for your friend to find out what is covered under warranty.  The problem is if he ask the PI now, the PI may take the opportunity to deny all warranty now. 

• Praise 1

From the moment this person chose to get his own insurance with Authorised workshop, means he's prepared to forego the warranty.

But this case is pretty straight forward. No 2 ways about it. Nothing he can do. Just go back to Authorised workshop for repairs. Warranty issues, wait for it to happen then say. 

I only went to PI authorised workshop for 1st Free Service, after that I heck the warranty  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

From the moment this person chose to get his own insurance with Authorised workshop, means he's prepared to forego the warranty.

But this case is pretty straight forward. No 2 ways about it. Nothing he can do. Just go back to Authorised workshop for repairs. Warranty issues, wait for it to happen then say. 

I only went to PI authorised workshop for 1st Free Service, after that I heck the warranty  [laugh]

good thing i bought from bigger PI who has their own workshop ... and insurance through them also.

Edited by Ysc3

so how ?

Finally I decide to insurance for " any workshop " because I worry this may happen to me.

I am in the 2nd year owning a Toyota Wish from BM.

Getting the insurance from Hong Leong and fork out hundred over bucks more for " Any workshop ".

But compare to the first year getting insurance from BM is almost saving of more than 40%.

Warranty covers manufacturers defective parts.

Bang your car in an accident and need to change the damange part is not covered under warranty.

:D

Twincharged

Warranty covers manufacturers defective parts.

Bang your car in an accident and need to change the damange part is not covered under warranty.

:D

i was thinking the same thing ....

• Praise 1

(edited)

hard to say ..... if insurance workshop replaces a damaged part with OEM part, then a related (non-damaged) part breaks down, PI workshop might blame it on the use of non-original parts and reject the warranty claim 

sounds legit ? 

Edited by Othello

Supersonic

i took full package from my PI including warranty and insurance. will decide again after one year...

Supersonic

you know what they say .... great minds think alike !!

*sadly there is no second verse for this saying ....*

premium$ matters !!

I don't mind authorized w/s.

[sly]

↡ Advertisement