Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

Right now, we're all anxious to be immune from this virus. However, some people are hesitant about getting the vaccine as there's a lot of speculations that the virus is just a hoax or a diversion.

Edited by racerbum
↡ Advertisement

I think I'm gonna let others go first and if they're okay, no side effects or whatever, then I think I'd have the vaccine too. This pandemic is just so life-altering that we just want to get this over with and get back to our normal lives. So whatever could give us that, I'm fine with it.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Personally I don't trust big pharma and the govt. Big pharma just wants profits and govt just wants to restart the economy.

I think I might let everyone else go ahead first and then benefit from "herd immunity".  If it ends up being compulsory then I'll wait till the very last moment.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 2

32 minutes ago, racerbum said:

Right now, we're all anxious to be immune from this virus. However, some people are hesitant about getting the vaccine as there's a lot of speculations that the virus is just a hoax or a diversion.

lol by the time singapore gets the vaccine, millions of humans will have been vaccinated worldwide liao in America, UK, australia, JP and other countries.

SG hasn't signed a deal with any of the leaders yet (Sanofi, J&J, MRNA, AZ). And the one we are funding, is around 4-6 months behind the leaders.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I'll wait a few mths see those pple vaccinated got side effects or not.. I dun wanna be guinea pig...

If you aren't an essential worker or elderly, u won't get it first anyway. 

• Praise 5

I think in Singapore there's no rush to get the vaccine. We can afford to take our time and make our own vaccine. Our infection rate is kinda low compared to others.

It's better for those countries whose community are spreading out of control to get vaccinated first. They need it more than we do.

• Praise 1

As in any industry, rushing  a new product to the market at an unprecedented speed often comes along with problems and bugs.

As long as I can afford to, I'd prefer to wait for the later batches or versions of vaccines that will come online.

My hunch is that the first few ones to hit the market might carry more side effect risks and may not be as effective as the later ones that comes along.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I will wait for doctors here to say safe

The world used to rely on US CDC for guidance but now I wait for Dr Fauci's ok.  😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The world used to rely on US CDC for guidance but now I wait for Dr Fauci's ok.  😂

Hmm I believe all the leading pharma vaccine companies signed an agreement. That no premature clearance before the proper phase 3 analysis is done. This is to not undermine public confidence in a vaccine that needs a high take up rate.

This was after trump kept promising a vaccine before the elections. 

Ironically its the people who don't want a vaccine and are hum chi that will likely doom any vaccine to failure. 

If a pre requisite of you stepping out of the country or entering a workplace is to be vaccinated, that may have some persuasion.

Humans are complacent beings. They bet on herd immunity. But if the jokers don't want to do, herd immunity ge lan... And we all know there are many jokers... 

I would find this morally interesting. If you don't take a vaccine, u can't work for a company? Lol if don't take such drastic measures. I doubt you will see 80-85% uptake to reach herd immunity. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

If I'm the boss of a company, u don't take vaccine, actually don't need to turn up for work also lah. I rather terminate you then risk u infecting my company. Tough love? Lol. 

5 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Personally I don't trust big pharma and the govt. Big pharma just wants profits and govt just wants to restart the economy.

I think I might let everyone else go ahead first and then benefit from "herd immunity".  If it ends up being compulsory then I'll wait till the very last moment.

I'm not sure but i heard which ever the company who developed the vaccine are to distribute it foc as no one should profit from this pandemic. Not sure what is the extend of the free distribution.Operating costs might come from WHO.

In SG. I'm likely to wait for our fw and elderly to have it first unless my company wants to send me go US. 😂

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

More than 1 million dead, and people tink it's a hoax? 
Haha 

Ya. Alot of sampat amdk in the suburbs still thinks it's a hoax. Too much conspiracy theories in US.

The fact is today, we have near zero community spreading, most of the cases are either from dormitories or arecimported from weallknowwhere, that is to say that the social distancing and masks is effective enough,  if we continue to put on masks and adhere to social distancing , vaccine  is not necessary,  or not a priority for now. First is these vaccine will not be in the market long enough to be proven, second is all new vaccine  will be expensive, so why bother? Let others test it out first. Meantime, put on masks, wash hand regularly, observe social distancing, don't go out unnecessarily,  relax at home and relax your mind,  don't get stressed out by not having vaccination.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1