Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD vs AVH-P5150DVD - Which one better??

Edwardtkh

hi bro,

got attracted by these 2 models;

PIONEER AVH-P5150DVD and AVH-P4150DVD

any comments which one is better in terms of quality? I know that 4150 has 3-RCA output whereas 5150 only 2-RCA output.

thanks!

↡ Advertisement

You are comparing a single DIN vs Dual_DIN unit. They will perform the same. Depends on your car DIN slot.. if Dual then take the 4150.. lesser mechanical movements... otherwise then the 5150DVD.

Me use AVH-4150DVD on my dual-DIN Skoda roomster and the 4150USB on my single DIN Opel Astra. Both give reasonably good audio quality. The picture and autio quality is good... but if movie is your thingy, you want to invest in the 5.1 sound processor..

The 4150 has a few more features and it has direct connectibility to the Iphone, which I need, you might want to compare the 2 listed features:

Neutral Newbie

hi,

Would appreciate if you can advise what is the the price of the 4150 and where to get the best deal.

Is the older model 4050 still good in audio performance,is it still selling at SGD700+

Thank you in advance for your good advise.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

was looking to change my hu to the 4150 as well but still looking for good deals. Anyone gotten good deals to recommend? Btw does this hu have tv tuner?

Edited by Zax13

Neutral Newbie

Bought 4150 at Sim Lim Tower for $860 without warranty a week ago. You need to add another $90 for warranty set, exclude installation.

Not so user friendly as compare to the Sony W1, and the LCD resolution is not as good too. (Sony W1 is 1m pixel while the Pioneer 4150 is 336k pixel)

But the sound quality is better, and the radio signal is clearer.

Could only play Iphone audio but not video. Have not tried on the Ipod yet as I don't own one. The Iphone cable cost me $60.

Did not buy the Bluetooth module as it cost $290. Not sure the price of the TV module.

Neutral Newbie

Bought 4150 at Sim Lim Tower for $860 without warranty a week ago. You need to add another $90 for warranty set, exclude installation.

Not so user friendly as compare to the Sony W1, and the LCD resolution is not as good too. (Sony W1 is 1m pixel while the Pioneer 4150 is 336k pixel)

But the sound quality is better, and the radio signal is clearer.

Could only play Iphone audio but not video. Have not tried on the Ipod yet as I don't own one. The Iphone cable cost me $60.

Did not buy the Bluetooth module as it cost $290. Not sure the price of the TV module.

bro can pm me the shop or is it any shop in slt having same price?

Try setting your Iphone settings to Ipod - TV Out - Widescreen settings to"ON". And then your on headunit, AUX 1 should be switched to

Neutral Newbie

Try setting your Iphone settings to Ipod - TV Out - Widescreen settings to"ON". And then your on headunit, AUX 1 should be switched to

Hi, I'm oldbie to MCF but a newbie to the ICE scene.

Just got my new car and the 4150 as well. I tried doing the widescreen on the iPhone and Aux1 to ipod but still getting only audio and no video.

Anyone can help?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm oldbie to MCF but a newbie to the ICE scene.

Just got my new car and the 4150 as well. I tried doing the widescreen on the iPhone and Aux1 to ipod but still getting only audio and no video.

Anyone can help?

Me too, video not working with Pioneer cable.

I have bought the original Apple composite AV cable, and so far so good.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Edited by Catdontmeow

Neutral Newbie

hi bro,

got attracted by these 2 models;

PIONEER AVH-P5150DVD and AVH-P4150DVD

any comments which one is better in terms of quality? I know that 4150 has 3-RCA output whereas 5150 only 2-RCA output.

thanks!

Hi soorry 2 hijack thread

for AVH-P4150DVD i cannot read external hdd(format fat32) from usb . anyone can help?

thx [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement