Does adding fog-light help increase visibility on rainy days

E-Jazz

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros/sis,

Just wanna ask if adding fog lighting does help with visibility. Especially on rainy days.

I find it quite hard to see lane markings at times during rainy days. So have been contemplating in adding fog light if it does help.

Hopefully bros/sis here can give me some tips on whether it helps or not.

Considering to ask my AD on the cost of adding one.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros/sis,

Just wanna ask if adding fog lighting does help with visibility. Especially on rainy days.

I find it quite hard to see lane markings at times during rainy days. So have been contemplating in adding fog light if it does help.

Hopefully bros/sis here can give me some tips on whether it helps or not.

Considering to ask my AD on the cost of adding one.

Thanks

It does to a certain extent and it must be yellow light to be more effective.

Your foglights is to shine on the road not upwards, towards the front car... Rem this

only yellow fog lights help. white doesn't.

btw, how to prevent oil forming on windscreen? today raining on fog light also blur until i go petrol pump to clean my windscreen.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Yellow fog light referring to the original yellowish light that comes from manufacturer?

Or must go and install super yellow lightings?

Kinda confuse for a moment here, do guide me along.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Yellow fog light referring to the original yellowish light that comes from manufacturer?

Thanks

The normal yellowish light will do. It really helps.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Colour goes by no. of k

Yellow about 4.8k max... White 6k purple 12k... Something like that

So u must buy bulb with colour 4.8k or lesser... The ranger should be 4.3k to 4.8k if I rem correctly

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Colour goes by no. of k

Yellow about 4.8k max... White 6k purple 12k... Something like that

So u must buy bulb with colour 4.8k or lesser... The ranger should be 4.3k to 4.8k if I rem correctly

Alright. Thanks.

I will be going back to AD to add the lights. Likely they will just come with the normal yellow ones. :)

Have emailed the agent. Need to check how much it would cost

Edited by E-Jazz

Alright. Thanks.

I will be going back to AD to add the lights. Likely they will just come with the normal yellow ones. :)

Have emailed the agent. Need to check how much it would cost

Y AD? I think outside can do also and should be cheaper....

Neutral Newbie

Y AD? I think outside can do also and should be cheaper....

Well, my ride is still within 6 months old.

So feel slightly rest assured with AD working on the lights. Anything wrong still can go back to them and get them to sort it out.

Got to log off first, will check back forum tomorrow.

Thanks bro :)

Nitez

This colour comparison may help you in selecting the correct colour temperature you are after. If i were you i would be looking for a bulb in the 3000K to 4000K max range

HID20kelvin.jpg

This colour comparison may help you in selecting the correct colour temperature you are after. If i were you i would be looking for a bulb in the 3000K to 4000K max range

nice picture you got there. what's the max you can go for headlights but still legal? [:p] thinking of changing to HID or smth. ^_^

nice picture you got there. what's the max you can go for headlights but still legal? [:p] thinking of changing to HID or smth. ^_^

If your car does not comes in HID,it is illegal to retrofit...same as fog lights,it must comes together with the car from factory,i think A.D. will not fit for you.

If your car does not comes in HID,it is illegal to retrofit...same as fog lights,it must comes together with the car from factory,i think A.D. will not fit for you.

wa really? didn't know [:(] my car no more warranty from A.D already.. too old. now with outside workshop [:/]

as some had said.. buy fog light from outside assesories shop, u might get those that are not LTA approved.

safest is to fix them @ AD or get the stock one and install outside.. but got to be careful cause if wiring not done properly, can have fire hazard.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the image. A picture speaks a thousand words lol

Sorry. To me is a waste of $. Actually we don't need fog lights for Singapore road conditions. Maybe only for some extreme cases of heavy heavy thunderstorm. Unless you visit Malaysia very often, otherwise is just a tool you hardly turn on (just like mine).

↡ Advertisement