Car Polish Advice

CMS

Clutched

My car body have a lot of small white paint dots due to my wife parking in her company which is next to a shipyard doing spray painting. Anybody face the same problem and managed to solve it. Can car polish remove it.??

Please dun tell me to respray the whole car, I will not post here if I have the intention to do so...

↡ Advertisement

My car body have a lot of small white paint dots due to my wife parking in her company which is next to a shipyard doing spray painting. Anybody face the same problem and managed to solve it. Can car polish remove it.??

Please dun tell me to respray the whole car, I will not post here if I have the intention to do so...

Paint overspray. You will need to use a abrasive polish to remove, that is also dependent on how thick the paint

overspray is. I always cover my car.

Note: You have two options:

1. Use a 2000-3000grit 3M

Allow me to share. What I did earlier on was

1) Wash the car with shampoo

2) Use claybar to clay the entire car with shampoo as lubricant

3) Wash down the entire car and dry the car

4) Use Super Resin Polish to polish up the entire car.

5) Use Meguiar wax to wax the entire car.

The car looks like new. Those hard stains were gone. As it is raining, unable to see if those etch mark is gone. But minimally, the paint stain is gone. Mine is kena from those spray painting on fencing.

Clutched

Paint overspray. You will need to use a abrasive polish to remove, that is also dependent on how thick the paint

Clutched

Allow me to share. What I did earlier on was

1) Wash the car with shampoo

2) Use claybar to clay the entire car with shampoo as lubricant

3) Wash down the entire car and dry the car

4) Use Super Resin Polish to polish up the entire car.

5) Use Meguiar wax to wax the entire car.

The car looks like new. Those hard stains were gone. As it is raining, unable to see if those etch mark is gone. But minimally, the paint stain is gone. Mine is kena from those spray painting on fencing.

Bro, how long u take to do Step 1 to 5...

His method is akin to my option 2. Whole car, approximately 2-3hrs if done properly,

and you will need to cover the car after that, least it happens again. Women will not go thru the

hassle of covering the car, trust me. That's why I don't let my wife drive my cars to work.

Twincharged

I also do roughly the same steps. Normally takes me about 3-4hrs. Claybar would be the most time consuming. If do thoroughly might need more than 1hr just for claybar alone.

Bro, good advice.

I did try to use a 3M pad today (not sure is it the one u mention) to sand off the paint and the area that I apply to became dull (shine not there anymore) and i dun have the rotary buffer. Just wan to know if polishing can restore the shine at the dull area The 3M thingy i'm using is a squarish piece dark grey in colour.

yes polish can..

the last time i use 3m dishwasher green colour side(the rough side) to scape away bird s--t than after i big regret cos the whole area the 3m pass thru all become blur than when i do car polishing @ 'Superb Cars' they manage to make that part shining again..damn happy person now :D

if u wan try this polishing team just PM me [:)]

Clutched

yes polish can..

the last time i use 3m dishwasher green colour side(the rough side) to scape away bird s--t than after i big regret cos the whole area the 3m pass thru all become blur than when i do car polishing @ 'Superb Cars' they manage to make that part shining again..damn happy person now :D

happy for u too bro, I have PM you liao. I want to be the happy person also.. [rolleyes]

happy for u too bro, I have PM you liao. I want to be the happy person also.. [rolleyes]

ya i feel so stupid after using the 3M dish wash pad but lucky they can solve my problem..

hope u will get good results after their services.. :D

Twincharged

yes polish can..

Probably need to use a machine polisher to remove these kind of marks. Ever tried to remove sanding marks for someone before and with hand polishing only the meguiars ultimate compound gave a significant improvement just by hand. Machine will be alot faster and easier.

Quite fast, about 2 hours or so. 2 person working on it. If 1 person, about 4 to 5 hours.

Probably need to use a machine polisher to remove these kind of marks. Ever tried to remove sanding marks for someone before and with hand polishing only the meguiars ultimate compound gave a significant improvement just by hand. Machine will be alot faster and easier.

Ya loh I use hand polish many times but always can't make it shine again buy 'Superb cars' use machine n the shine appear again

This is what you need..

1. Claybar

2. A good shampoo with great lub

3. Tar removal

4. Kerosene

5. All in one polish

Steps..

1. Rinse and wash car. Hose away the shampoo..need not dry car..

2. Spray tar removal on whole car..wait for approx 10mins before you star clay

3. Mix shampoo with water in a spray bottle.. Spray on surface as you clay

4. During claying.. Once u see paint spot start coming off..keep rinsing with water to prevent spot from staying on surface again.

5. After complete..dilute keronse with water.. 1 to 2 and clean surface..kerosene cleans well.

6. Apply a layer of aio at least to give it a layer of protection.

Turbocharged

on this topic.. need detailing lao jiaos to advice..

i saw some some waterless washing and wax solutions.. just spray and wipe

they claimed that it won't scratch the paintwork.

is it advisable?

on this topic.. need detailing lao jiaos to advice..

i saw some some waterless washing and wax solutions.. just spray and wipe

they claimed that it won't scratch the paintwork.

is it advisable?

I called that no rinse wash or rinseless wash..This type of washing saves water and is very convenient if limited access to water and you need not que at the washing bay..

This is all you need..

Grit Guard

2 bucket

Wash mitt

Drying towel.

But I would recommend if the car is heavily soiled..Still go with car shampoo..Rinse-less wash or no rinse wash is good if you want to a quick wash and less soiled surface..

Check out the video clip.

Clip

↡ Advertisement