Relocate ecu as mean to prevent car thief

Rustyz

Dear all,

Yup to relocate ecu, I read how to better prevent car from stolen. The highly rated solution is yo relocate ecu( I think only can delay a while longer only). My questions are is it legal, I dont see why it is illegal. Anyone know where got such service. Lastly any better suggestion to prevent such unfortunate experience. I understand the top 2 option is dont go malaysia and dont drive. Please share valuable input

Thank for reading

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Moving ecu requires moving a lot of wires which is not feasible.

If you want to make the car not able to start or run, just worked on a couple of the wires will do.

But it won't defeat the thief who comes with a tow truck.

Dear all,

Yup to relocate ecu, I read how to better prevent car from stolen. The highly rated solution is yo relocate ecu( I think only can delay a while longer only). My questions are is it legal, I dont see why it is illegal. Anyone know where got such service. Lastly any better suggestion to prevent such unfortunate experience. I understand the top 2 option is dont go malaysia and dont drive. Please share valuable input

Thank for reading

errrrr....what car u driving until so scared hv to relocate ECU n all? [dizzy]

To prevent theft, this is the best device

Not very good leh, if need to drive off urgently have to unlock the wheel clamp and remove it from the wheel.

If relocated might as well make it plug and play? When u leave yr car..take out the connectors and take away

your ECU. Make it a quick release.

Why not detachable steering wheel?

Why not detachable steering wheel?

then they will bring another steering wheel and steal your car!

take out all 4 wheels! sure no one steal!

To prevent theft, this is the best device

commercially available meh?

easy way is to pull out the fuse or relay for your ecu......

sekali pull out liow pak boh tio hoh seh liow~! [laugh]

This must be a joke.

If I want to take longer to cook my rice should I relocate the rice cooker further away from the kitchen? :D

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Car theft are all over the world. Most of those Car theft in Malaysia whose car from Singapore are Targeted person.

If you want better prevention from Car theft.. sometime you have to be a theft yourself. Btw, If I'm a theft ,I'll be laughing my guts out after seeing the suggestion posted above.

I would suggest a Self-powered GPS/GSM locator hidden inside your dash, Since you can't prevent your car being towed away, at least you know where your car at (Mobile phone Google map). We can dismantle car to bare-bone in less then 1.5 hours so can anyone, so you better be fast.

↡ Advertisement