How Do I Remove a Decal From My Car Window?

DMSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3iFGL_ckc

Steps to Remove the Dealership Decal:

1. Begin by washing the area with soap and water.
  2. Dry with a soft cloth.
  3. Spray the decal liberally with bug and tar remover.
  4. Allow it to set for a few minutes so the spray can soak under the decal. Spray more if needed, but do not allow it to dry.
  5. Next, use the plastic scraper to carefully scrape the loosened decal from the surface. Start at the corner and apply slow, consistent pressure as you remove the decal using a diagonal motion. If it’s not a flexible decal, dental floss or fishing line can be used – word the line behind the decal. The hair dryer will help with these.
  6. If it won’t budge, use a hair dryer to heat the sticker and loosen the adhesive.
  7. Once the decal is removed, you can tackle any remaining residue with Goo Gone.
  8. Use a soft cloth to apply Goo Gone to the area and remove any sticky residue.
  9. Once the decal is removed, wash the area again with soap and water to remove any cleaning residue.
  • Use gentle pressure with the spatula to prevent any damage to the painted surface.
  • When removing decals from glass, razors are recommended. However, they are NOT recommended for painted surfaces. The risk of scratches and damages is too great.
  • WD-40 can be used in place of Goo Gone to remove the sticky residue.
  • DeSolvIt is another adhesive remover that helps to remove these stubborn stickers.
Edited by DMSG
↡ Advertisement

This simple razor scraper will cut down all the scraping time and with no damage to the paint work

post-272-0-86785100-1387276956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Most glues are alcohol soluble.

Just dap on some liquor and it should get rid of the residue. Scrappers are too much of a trouble.

I have also tried nail-polish remover, lighter fluid and kerosene. All works!

My method is soak kitchen towel(to the extent of dripping water) with tap water and leave it on decal for 2 hour than soak kitchen towel in water and apply to decal for 10 min. Than just use plastic ruler to scrape it off. lastly use warm water to wipe off any glue residue.

Budget way

Edited by Rustyz

Great Sharing Guys! Well Done! Thanks for all the suggestions and appreciated all contributions! [grin]

↡ Advertisement