Drink and drive? No insurance cover!

Tripleh

From The New Paper : Man in road accident passes breathalyser test but insurance company refuses to pay out -

See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/drink-and-drive-no-insurance-cover-even-if-youre-under-limit

By his own admission, he drank a few beers about three hours before his Mitsubishi Lancer was involved in an accident at the junction of Grange Road and Tanglin Road on Jan 29.

Mr Wayne Poh was given a breathalyser test by the Traffic Police and cleared when the test showed that he was just below the legal limit of 35mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath.

But the 29-year-old finance manager is now locked in dispute with his motor insurer DirectAsia.com, which won't honour his claim over the accident because he had drunk alcohol before the accident.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

From The New Paper : Man in road accident passes breathalyser test but insurance company refuses to pay out -

See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/drink-and-drive-no-insurance-cover-even-if-youre-under-limit

By: ZUL OTHMAN and LINETTE HENG

By his own admission, he drank a few beers about three hours before his Mitsubishi Lancer was involved in an accident at the junction of Grange Road and Tanglin Road on Jan 29.

Mr Wayne Poh was given a breathalyser test by the Traffic Police and cleared when the test showed that he was just below the legal limit of 35mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath.

But the 29-year-old finance manager is now locked in dispute with his motor insurer DirectAsia.com, which won't honour his claim over the accident because he had drunk alcohol before the accident.

Hahaha direct Asia again.

Good thing never cheap, cheap thing never good.

• Praise 16

Turbocharged

Typical finance manager error.... Penny wise pound foolish... Hehehe

• Praise 7

Pass or dun pass still drank alcohol. By the time police arrived it could have been fail become pass if you get what I mean.

When ppl have accident at most they exchange particulars or take pics and let insurance handle, why call police? It must be the ppl involved saw his redish face and body reek of alcohol that ppl call for police.

• Praise 4

even below legal limit. if driver drink.. he will still bear responsibility even if the accident is not cause by him...this is what TP warn me when i had a test last time...

think the insurance company is just follow TP guideline...

so will the driver be charge under driving without insurance coverage???

• Praise 4

Page 11

http://www.directasia.com/DirectAsia/files/55/5535e89c-ab78-4c06-999f-557ff728c911.pdf

Then u tell me which company insures intoxicated drivers?

They are birds of the same feathers flocking together.

If TP did not charge driver, I don't see the reason why directAsia can "overwrite" TP's judgement of driver having the ability to control the vehicle.

• Praise 6

if the super duper fine prints indicated no alcohol, then there is nothing to dispute. Its a contract after all.

whether TP take actions or not is another thing altogether.

• Praise 2

if the super duper fine prints indicated no alcohol, then there is nothing to dispute. Its a contract after all.

whether TP take actions or not is another thing altogether.

Fine prints stated - percentage of alcohol, in THEIR opinion.

So next time I drive, I have to avoid food such as drunken prawns, pasta cooked with wine.

post-61679-0-01147800-1405213202_thumb.jpg

Aviva and Directasia premiums are cheaper as compared to others.But their T&C can be quite ridiculous de. Randomly just pick out any clause and void your coverage.

Even my friend whom is an insurance broker once told me u spent a little more to get MSIG and AIG for your car is much more worthwhile than you get Direct asia and Aviva. Also he advise me when buying motor insurance should try to get those with low excess and NCD protector. There are so many kinds of drivers out there on the road, you never know what will happen.

• Praise 7

Fine prints stated - percentage of alcohol, in THEIR opinion.

So next time I drive, I have to avoid food such as drunken prawns, pasta cooked with wine.

Thanks for the heads up. Only this to say,

DA Win liao lor....

It is exactly this sort of dubious clause that make me siam far far.

And what do you expect from a firm that uses alloy rim as also a clause... Enough said.

Thanks for the heads up. Only this to say,

DA Win liao lor....

It is exactly this sort of dubious clause that make me siam far far.

And what do you expect from a firm that uses alloy rim as also a clause... Enough said.

That's aviva with alloy rims.

At least I know DA insure drivers with aftermarket fitted parts as long as it's LTA approved.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

All insurance companies will always attempt to avoid payouts.

Don't think you pay the highest premium, you get an easy ride.

Behave yourself is the best policy.

• Praise 5

That's aviva with alloy rims.

At least I know DA insure drivers with aftermarket fitted parts as long as it's LTA approved.

thats also is a dubious one. Which rim is LTA approved???

5 Zigen, SSW, or other taiwan rims.

Mafan.....mafan.

• Praise 1

My insurance coy gave me 2 choice for my 17" rims. My original is only 15".

1st is insured for the 17" less than $100.

2nd is don't insured for the 17" so in event accident, they will fix all 4 with 15" rims even if only 1 rim is spoilt.

• Praise 1

My insurance coy gave me 2 choice for my 17" rims. My original is only 15".

1st is insured for the 17" less than $100.

2nd is don't insured for the 17" so in event accident, they will fix all 4 with 15" rims even if only 1 rim is spoilt.

Something new... Insuring rims ?

Life is getting complicated !!

• Praise 2

Something new... Insuring rims ?

Life is getting complicated !!

Never mind loh. Once a while something complicated make our life more worthwhile rather than whole life boring mah.