Auto cars, Do you leave gear knob in

Jujul

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. need to to check which is better...? when you are in stationery or approaching the traffic lights.. do you leave your gear knob on "Drive" or "Neutral"

I heard that if you shift to "Neutral", eventually you will spoil your Gear Box.

But I also heard that if you leave it at "Drive" you are stressing the engine and the brake system...? so which is true..? please enlighten me

↡ Advertisement

For show lor. I remembered when I was of sec sch age, I once sat in a car with one of my cousins driving. At every traffic light he will shift to N and pull handbrake.

At that time I didn't know much abt driving and i was thinking "wow.. cool, pulling handbrake so stylo, pattern more than badmintion" [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Just leave it on "Drive" mode. If it really stress the engine and brake system..... turn off the engine. [idea]

Auto gear are meant for driver comfort. Else, go back to (the) manual.

Neutral Newbie

At that time I didn't know much abt driving and i was thinking "wow.. cool, pulling handbrake so stylo, pattern more than badmintion"

haha.... [laugh][laugh]

Hi guys. need to to check which is better...? when you are in stationery or approaching the traffic lights.. do you leave your gear knob on "Drive" or "Neutral"

I heard that if you shift to "Neutral", eventually you will spoil your Gear Box.

But I also heard that if you leave it at "Drive" you are stressing the engine and the brake system...? so which is true..? please enlighten me

i noticed when my gear at D the rpm is lower den when neutral so put N lor

I drive a manual but honestly i think leave it at D .... frequent use = damage ...

and in cases where u are parking illegally ...you can just drive off when the cops come ...but if cought ..dont argue or quarrel with them

I always put to D at traffic lights or my ride is stationary. Yes I believe the gearbox will spoil in the long run if u "play" too much with your gear.

I play between P and D. That is all. That is why I am driving an auto car.

I think "N" is for the purpose of switching between "D" and "R" . Imagine without the "N", The gears would need to have a 360 degree turn when you do a reverse. Same theory like driving a manual. You need to put to neutral first before you can engaged "R" gear.

[nod][nod] as in D, u are using brakes to "load" it, while in "N" its in free gear, it runs at watever speed it likes( almost la... at idling speed actually)

mice

↡ Advertisement