Chevrolet Captiva

Gz0707

Starting a new thread on the new Chev Captiva which will be launched in Q2 as announced in Biz Times today. Feel free to comment. Wonder if this 7 seater will take off?

BT's figures are slightly diff from article below.
cc : 2,405 cc inline-4, 5 speed auto transmission
max power : 136BHP at 5,000 rpm
max torque : 220Nm at 2,200 rpm
0-100 : 12.5 sec, top speed 178km/h
price : to be priced against Fortuner (92k) and Honda CRV 2.4

post-50-1174091195_thumb.jpg

post-50-1174091196_thumb.jpg

post-50-1174091197_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deeq
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

New Chevrolet SUV designed for Europe

* First diesel powered compact Chevrolet SUV

* Available with five and seven seats

* Available with active-on-demand all-wheel-drive system

The new Captiva is the first all-new product to be designed and developed by Chevrolet for the European market. Its bold, striking design provides a glimpse of the future for Chevrolet in Europe with strong design cues that will become familiar on future new products. Captiva is not just good looking, it

post-50-1174091772_thumb.jpg

post-50-1174091773_thumb.jpg

post-50-1174091774_thumb.jpg

(edited)

the article was only for reference only. the car coming in will be petrol, not diesel .. u wish LOL ... me too. Chev SE told me that price range will be abt 88k. i am still waiting for results for the Kyron undergoing inspection by LTA. this is def diesel, but heard from Merkava that they removed the rear seats for inspection. urrgghhh ... looks like they die die want some bio-diesel program to proceed before we can see any pte diesel veh on the road .... maybe we shd all email 5th Gear to stop featuring diesel cars as best of the range....

Edited by Gz0707

Neutral Newbie

It's already here. Saw it on a flat bed tow truck this morning along PIE going towards Clementi, probably on the way to LTA. Launching end month or early next month according to a Chevy SE.

• Praise 1

It looks cool. [thumbsup] Wonder which part of the world is it manufactured in? The price of $88k seems a bit steep as it is about the region of Fortuner and Honda CRV. For a few thousand dollars difference, I'll take Honda or Toyota.

• Praise 1

Bros, if anyone going to showroom, take some pics pls ... tell them we are raising awareness for them ... i heard that it looks good... I'm also waiting for 1st arrival for Crossroad for a look see... its "Hummertime"!

Neutral Newbie

Guys don't forget that GM Chevrolet made one of the earliest SUV in history. So in terms of building a good SUV who better to know than Chevy who's got decade's of experience compared to the Japanese manufacturers.

Don't get me wrong. The Japanese makes good cars also, but in SUV and large car market my personal experience is that the Americans and European are in control with better safety, build quality and frills. Cars are slightly more expensive but you can't put a price on safety can you, especially if it concerns the safety of yourself and your family. Thats just my 2 cents. [hur][hur][hur]

Edited by Bluemoth
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
the article was only for reference only. the car coming in will be petrol, not diesel .. u wish LOL ... me too. Chev SE told me that price range will be abt 88k. i am still waiting for results for the Kyron undergoing inspection by LTA. this is def diesel, but heard from Merkava that they removed the rear seats for inspection. urrgghhh ... looks like they die die want some bio-diesel program to proceed before we can see any pte diesel veh on the road .... maybe we shd all email 5th Gear to stop featuring diesel cars as best of the range....

If Starsauto is going to price is around 88k, I don't think ExclusiveAuto will bring in the Antara.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

With regards to the Antara I do believe that Opel also belongs to GM and the Captiva and Antara should share the same platform as it looks almost alike just like the Posche Cheyenne and the VW Toureg. But definitely the price of the Chevy should be much lower if compared to Opel's.

So if you're getting almost the same thing except for maybe a little higher specs from Opel maybe Chevy is a better car all round in terms of pricing as well. Not forgetting both are from GM.

Neutral Newbie

Thats very true. to cut down on production cost, GM took Daewoo's SUV design instead of Opel's Antara.

I hope GM don't regret this decision.

Neutral Newbie

I must agree that it's a beauty. But let's face it. It all boils down to profit. Coz in Singapore, Chevy is a more popular car in Singapore being the Top 10 best selling brand as compared to Opel the last few years. So maybe that's the reason for Captiva to launch first and hopefully the Antara to follow. That's just my 2 cents. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

For me I believe that the Captiva should be good as the Antara coz I don't think GM would take that kind of risk. After all they belong to the sama family and QC should still be under GM. Hopefully [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement