Where to buy car fuses?

Whitecvt

Anyone knows where can i buy those packs of assorted car fuses?

i've no more spares and would like to refill :P

i remember UK had this Poundland where they have 1 pack of 30+ fuses :D not sure if anyone spotted similar things here

↡ Advertisement

My car fuse is spoilt and needs to be replaced.

I would rather go to stockist, get the items and have it changed at my truste mechanic's workshop.

Some people ready have the time and petrol $$ to drive all the way to Sim Lim or Autobac etc just to get few cheap piece of fuses to save few cents :D

Anyone knows where can i buy those packs of assorted car fuses?

i've no more spares and would like to refill :P

i remember UK had this Poundland where they have 1 pack of 30+ fuses :D not sure if anyone spotted similar things here

I think all car spareparts shops wil hv. I ever got from Home-Fix DIY store b4 even.

Yes, I find many young people just don't have the understanding of basic economics and convenience to save time which means money or they just have all the time and alot of disposal income to throw.

This assorted replacement fuse set will come very useful during emergency if you have it in the glove box

post-272-1312110458_thumb.jpg

My car fuse is spoilt and needs to be replaced.

I would rather go to stockist, get the items and have it changed at my truste mechanic's workshop.

You meant you can't even change a fuse yourself????

Guys, change once only please, and use same ratings.

if still blow, some thing has shorted.

Change to higher ratings may result in more damages and maybe fire.

Right always replace fuse with the same rating. If the draw is more than the recomened amp always check for bad grounding, poor contact or intermittent short.

(edited)

You meant you can't even change a fuse yourself????

For my case, the fuse portion is pretty complicated.

I ever bought a new fuse from DIY shop and replaced the faulty one but still can't work.

End up, when checked by workshop, it is not just the fuse. The cables connected beneath it had to be replaced too. In order to do that, you got to remove the whole cigarette compartment out.

And since I often go to stockist to get my parts for servicing, I might as well go back there for the fuse and the cables. :D

Edited by Yuan

Hi, total noob here having problem with burnt cigarette lighter fuse. Need to replace fuse. Since this thread started 3 yrs ago, just wondering if I can still go to those places like simlim/autobacs/daiso imm to purchase those fuses in a pack kind? Or any other place? Hope to DIY instead of going to mechanic. Any help on this matter greatly appreciated.

Hi, total noob here having problem with burnt cigarette lighter fuse. Need to replace fuse. Since this thread started 3 yrs ago, just wondering if I can still go to those places like simlim/autobacs/daiso imm to purchase those fuses in a pack kind? Or any other place? Hope to DIY instead of going to mechanic. Any help on this matter greatly appreciated.

I get mine from dx.com. It has free shipping so I don't have to worry about shipping logistics....

The thing is it's not only the cig lighter that is faulty. How it became faulty is my mom inserted a defective mobile charger into it and the whole thing tripped. Now the radio and side mirror controls are dead. Maybe all 3 are in the same circuit.

Has anyone encountered this?

I can't really order online as shipping will take a few days I suppose. And going to the workshop for a fuse change is something I want to avoid unless really after I replace fuse, still no change. So the only option I have now is to go to local spare parts shop. Any places to recommend? Especially ones that open on Sundays?

I hope it's quite easy to replace, as in find the fuse box which is hopefully somewhere under the dashboard, my car is suzuki apv, locate the burnt fuse and then replace it with one that is identical in type and rating.

Any chance that the above procedure is too complex for a noob? Will I render my car totally tow-worthy should I somehow plug out the wrong fuse?

Edited by Daim2711
↡ Advertisement