Car plate Alphabet replacement

Louisckp

Neutral Newbie

hi,

where to get the individual alphabet / numbers? i got a missing letter drop out & just need to stick on to make it complete. not worth it to make brand new car plate.

↡ Advertisement

Just go to Ubi Ave 3 near to TP HQ. Look for blk 3006(along ave3) near to kopi shop there's a signboard maker who also make car number plates, should be very easy to spot with all the old number plates hanging out. They are by far the cheapest I can find.

If you want more atas, numbers&alphabets made of stainless steel, at the same place but blk 3005(just opposite TP HQ) at a corner doing car stickers, also very easy to spot with all the ah beng cars parked around the shop and also car plats hanging out. Very ex tho.

Hi Louisckp, I did mine at Kwang Wah Signcrafts. You can try calling them up to see if they can salvage your existing number plate for you. [:)]

The address is as follows:

Blk 33 Sin Ming Drive

#01-369

Singapore 575707

Tel: 64591388

Edited by Nirxe

Neutral Newbie

of cos number plate very cheap & easy to change i got spare at home.

sorry ah, mine are the stainless steel type so u know what i mean...

Just go to Ubi Ave 3 near to TP HQ. Look for blk 3006(along ave3) near to kopi shop there's a signboard maker who also make car number plates, should be very easy to spot with all the old number plates hanging out. They are by far the cheapest I can find.

If you want more atas, numbers&alphabets made of stainless steel, at the same place but blk 3005(just opposite TP HQ) at a corner doing car stickers, also very easy to spot with all the ah beng cars parked around the shop and also car plats hanging out. Very ex tho.

I went there and was quoted $27 per piece of normal car plate.... total $54 for a pair

chrome plate not legal right?

Saw those with euro plate fonts.. (but without the blue country label).. those not legal too right?

*why LTA so anal huh...

Just did my plate change at the YEW TEE Industrial park.

Embossed plate $20 x 2 pieces.

Labour to remove the OPC Seal(grinding) and install new plates - $10

Total $50

Nice and friendly service.

Booked at 1100H and installed same day at 1700H

Total $50

Hi,

care to enlighten what you meant by grinding?

Does the workshop sent to LTA for sealing of the OPC car plate?

I removed seal...so no need to go LTA.... the seal is thick, cannot cut, so got to use grinding to wear it off to remoe the red plate and install the black one

Neutral Newbie

I removed seal...so no need to go LTA.... the seal is thick, cannot cut, so got to use grinding to wear it off to remoe the red plate and install the black one

i also need to change to a normal plate. can you advise me on the procedures after getting LTA approval? Who would remove the seal of the red plate and who can install the normal plate back? How long does the whole conversion procedure take

i also need to change to a normal plate. can you advise me on the procedures after getting LTA approval? Who would remove the seal of the red plate and who can install the normal plate back? How long does the whole conversion procedure take

sure...

1. Go to LTA counter 18/19. Need yr IC or letter of authorisation if doin on behalf of wife/husnabd/sibling. Bring yr IC and cheque.

2. The will tell you the amount to pay LTA for conversion inclusive of $100 admin fees and road tax payable (pro-rated from the day you go black plate)

3. Pass them the cheque. Car is converted on the spot.

4. You have 3 days to change yr number plate excluding day of conversion ie by the 4th day to get it to black plate. Meanwhile you can drive around on yr red plate without tearing coupon. If stopped by LTA/TP, show them your letter from LTA. Your road tax disc is also bacl to BLUE colour.

5. Surrender your remaining OPC coupons and they will refund you via cheque to be posted to yr address.

6. Go to any shop to order yr plate.

7. Inform yr insurance company you need to convert yr converage to normal plate. Top up premium. For me I got a rebate cos I transferred my 50% NCB to this car after selling off my normal plate car.

8. Fix your normal plate when it is ready at any place. They willgrind off your seal and install the black plate.

Hope I am clear in my sharing...

Neutral Newbie

thanks, paithorn. Your info is more comprehensive than LTA. One moment they say i've to go to an approved workshop eg STA to remove the seal, but STA say they dont, and it's LTA who does. The next moment, LTA says any workshop will do. But when i went to some workshop, the moment they hear OPC, they say they cannot do..........Guess i'll have to go a workshop that does the numbering as well as installation.

I think you mean letter instead of alphabet. If you meant the latter, then you would be putting all 26 letters of the alphabet on your licence plate.

Neutral Newbie

Total $50

can give the contact/address of the shop please? thanks

thanks, paithorn. Your info is more comprehensive than LTA. One moment they say i've to go to an approved workshop eg STA to remove the seal, but STA say they dont, and it's LTA who does. The next moment, LTA says any workshop will do. But when i went to some workshop, the moment they hear OPC, they say they cannot do..........Guess i'll have to go a workshop that does the numbering as well as installation.

no worries.... actually in this episode, I realised a loophole in LTA's system.... someone can actually chnage the OPC plate to black and then register it as normal prior to the road tax renewal(seal inspection) and you actually use a blavk plate for up to 12 months!!!

Edited by Paithorn
↡ Advertisement