Petronas Chinese New Year ad 2009

Genie47

Another nice one from MAT.

Wish we got ads here imploring parents to belt up their children. Yes the force is great in a collision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-M1rZAYMM0

Directed by Yasmin Ahmad.

Dunno if we should hack this with words of the son asking his mom to go stay in JB. [shakehead]

Damn! This clip is too good to hack. I would feel guilty.

seriously, every CNY, i know can count on Petronas on thier CNY ad [thumbsup]

i may sound "ku ku", but i just LOVE it..

hope local firm/ ad agent can produce sucg "quality" ad

dun flame me abt this.. :ph34r:

Hutan, you ain't alone...their ads SOLID deh...really bring a message across....

Even their Hari Raya one sibei good!!! Kudos to them. [thumbsup]

Our SG ads no such quality cos the ppl no ethics behind them

Hutan, you ain't alone...their ads SOLID deh...really bring a message across....

Even their Hari Raya one sibei good!!! Kudos to them. [thumbsup]

Not no ethics lah, they still have some, but there is no incentive to bring the government agencies closer to the people.

A simple ad like this wishing their people a happy festival does not have immediate financial returns, and the board of directors will shoot it down immediately.

Noticed how long the airtime of each ad is? This is to slowly get the audience to feel for the actors, and to create suspense and anticipation. All very old, but good tricks from the primary school advertising textbook. To mediacorp, its airtime money down the drain.

It would be interesting to see, one day, when local organisations sponser production ads just to wish their citizens well, in Singapore. "Rich" private societies are clearly capable, and in fact a touching long winded ad, just to wish a message will sure stirr the audience's interest and curiosity.

We do see some, but its tactless, straightforward, and unclearly portrayed. Clearly, their western values headed bosses have no idea how to connect with many locals, indians, malays and chinese alike-especially to those simply fared housewives who probably are the only regular viewers of 5 and 8.

Not no ethics lah, they still have some, but there is no incentive to bring the government agencies closer to the people.

A simple ad like this wishing their people a happy festival does not have immediate financial returns, and the board of directors will shoot it down immediately.

Noticed how long the airtime of each ad is? This is to slowly get the audience to feel for the actors, and to create suspense and anticipation. All very old, but good tricks from the primary school advertising textbook. To mediacorp, its airtime money down the drain.

It would be interesting to see, one day, when local organisations sponser production ads just to wish their citizens well, in Singapore. "Rich" private societies are clearly capable, and in fact a touching long winded ad, just to wish a message will sure stirr the audience's interest and curiosity.

We do see some, but its tactless, straightforward, and unclearly portrayed. Clearly, their western values headed bosses have no idea how to connect with many locals, indians, malays and chinese alike-especially to those simply fared housewives who probably are the only regular viewers of 5 and 8.

I couldn't read your reply, no matter how hard I tried. My eyes kept looking at the girl dancing at the left hand corner.

CHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [nosebleed] [nosebleed]

I couldn't read your reply, no matter how hard I tried. My eyes kept looking at the girl dancing at the left hand corner.

CHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [nosebleed][nosebleed]

din know yiou like FLAT runways [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

You should see all the past ones. There is one Hari Raya one that is very universal. Father treated like dirt just like our ministars exhort us to treat our elderly parents like dirt.

You should see all the past ones. There is one Hari Raya one that is very universal. Father treated like dirt just like our ministars exhort us to treat our elderly parents like dirt.

you are referring to the one post by Radx?

That's the most touching ads i had ever since. Never fail to move me to tears.. [bigcry]

From China.

Yes, Gillette lets you look good for any holiday especially CNY.

I feel that tis advert looks more like produced from Taiwan rather than China.Compliments for the father and mother in the advert,they are really handsome and beautiful,haha.At first look,the lady reminds me of Vivian Chow,the guy reminds me Lai Ming.

how u expect the ads to have quality when the pple making in are being motivated to dump their parents in jb.

World class leaders with world class pay with World class "IDEAS"

Edited by Ah_tee

din know yiou like FLAT runways [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Eyh, Lian, ( How Lian, not Ah Lian, you are not one for sure!) beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,

you got no eyes and cannot behold.(Hold can lah) [laugh] Big, big one high maintenance, old, sag until can use to sweep floor,

you must think ahead, and not just see the front of the nipple, I meant nose. [laugh]

Edited by Mazdaowner
↡ Advertisement