Malaysia : Drive to Kuantan/Trengganu

Pisces69

Hi all.

It's time again to go up north b4 the monsoon starts. [nod]

Im planning a trip to Kuantan for a few days. [wave]

Maybe stay at Swiss Garden Resort as we were there last time & its a very nice resort. Or we can try some other hotel if u got some good recommendations but please keep the costs down. [grin]

I hope to go by end July or early Aug (but not during any holiday season please)

I hope Xtruan & Stevegring wil cfm soon & I hear a couple of new kaki want to join.

Hope u guys can let me know if u r interested & we can start planning.

Cheers [wave]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi all.

Maybe stay at Swiss Garden Resort as we were there last time & its a very nice resort. Or we can try some other hotel if u got some good recommendations but please keep the costs down. [grin]

I hope to go by end July or early Aug (but not during any holiday season please)

I hope Xtruan & Stevegring wil cfm soon & I hear a couple of new kaki want to join.

Cheers [wave]

Hey bro, the newbie is energizer bro. stevegring is keen and now is to set date. i need confirm from my side. think swiss garden trip then Stevegring didn't join us! keep u guys updated here! [bounce2][bounce1]

this is his post:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry2808064

Edited by Mivec9

Neutral Newbie

Yo bro. Its been a long long time since we had an excursion on 2005 I think. I am keen, but just to inform you that i will be going for a holiday to korea from 17 aug to 24 aug. Hope it wont clash with your intended date. [drivingcar]

Ok we try to keep it to late july to early aug. Maybe 3-4 days only.

Lets see the response. If get abt 3-4 cars going sud b nice. Anyway if u & sam go, its already 3 cars. [thumbsup]

Hey bro, the newbie is energizer bro. stevegring is keen and now is to set date. i need confirm from my side. think swiss garden trip then Stevegring didn't join us! keep u guys updated here! [bounce2][bounce1]

this is his post:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry2808064

Sorry bro but my computer new. Cant hyperlink to your post. Can u cut & paste here? I think Xtruan has also started a thread on this trip. Maybe we can close 1 of the threads otherwise wil b duplicating the same topic.

BTW Mivec9, R u coming along too & who is Energizer?

Cheers.

Bro. how many hrs drive to Kuantan ?

If you leave early at 5.30am, when the traffic is light in JB, you can probably hit Kuantan in about 3.5 hours.

If you leave early at 5.30am, when the traffic is light in JB, you can probably hit Kuantan in about 3.5 hours.

3.5?really? i doubt it is possible........

Hi all.

Cheers [wave]

just curious.... which way do you all usually take?

I usually go by yongpeng - segamat - kuantan..... all small road..... except for the highway to yongpeng

Hi, I'm keen on the road trip but be travelling only between 7 - 11 Aug. Yes, I knw it's the long weekend but that may be the only time I'm able to make the trip. Any sugg? The last time I drove to lake kenyir was an enjoyable experience. Is there any other place like that? Btw, heard that there's an onsen in M'sia, anyone been there?

3.5?really? i doubt it is possible........

i agree... esp if you are taking Federal roads, you can be doing NSHW types of speeds for most parts. conservatively (and perhaps more realistically) it'll be about 5 hours. i just did a trip to Tanjong Jara. but the roads midway are fantastic for those who have very well balanced cars. [thumbsup]

(edited)

Hi, I'm keen on the road trip but be travelling only between 7 - 11 Aug. Yes, I knw it's the long weekend but that may be the only time I'm able to make the trip. Any sugg? The last time I drove to lake kenyir was an enjoyable experience. Is there any other place like that? Btw, heard that there's an onsen in M'sia, anyone been there?

Think the guys are only interested in non-PH periods bro. Don't think I can make it myself 'cos it's difficult to take leave during the school semester.

Where & What's there to do at Lake Kenyir? Also, what's an "onsen"?? [confused]

Edited by Hermitage

(edited)

i agree... esp if you are taking Federal roads, you can be doing NSHW types of speeds for most parts. conservatively (and perhaps more realistically) it'll be about 5 hours. i just did a trip to Tanjong Jara. but the roads midway are fantastic for those who have very well balanced cars. [thumbsup]

my OC is from kuantan and so i frequent there... the best i can do is about 5.5 going there and 5 coming back.... but is by the small roads.... as mentioned in my previous post to Pisces69

Edited by Galantspeedz

Think the guys are only interested in non-PH periods bro. Don't think I can make it myself 'cos it's difficult to take leave during the school semester.

Where & What's there to do at Lake Kenyir? Also, what's an "onsen"?? [confused]

\

on-sen is Japanese for hot spring.

Yes, there is Air Panas (hot water) in M'sia. but that's in Slim River in Perak. Prob a better for a roadtrip to Cameron Highlands.

If in Kuantan, can go to the old mining town where there's a small museum there.

Also on route to the mining town, there's a cave temple high up in the hill and got to climb 75 deg incline (rock steps with railings).

↡ Advertisement