Car steering vibrates when braking from 80-60

Keithchue

bros,

need help here, my steering wheel vibrates when i gently brake starting from 80-60, then it just disappears. this happens when even when i have driven for quite some time. beentold by my mechanic that it is

ABS kicking in. but that does not happen when i pressed harder and braking from the same range of speed.

↡ Advertisement

bros,

need help here, my steering wheel vibrates when i gently brake starting from 80-60, then it just disappears. this happens when even when i have driven for quite some time. beentold by my mechanic that it is

ABS kicking in. but that does not happen when i pressed harder and braking from the same range of speed.

===========

If your car is older, Have the suspension & steering joints checked by a good mechanic.

Likely something is lose or worn. Maybe a bushing, linkage or something.

Neutral Newbie

My rotor warp also like this, but it happened when apply brake at >100km/h. Warp rotor was caused by car wash, when just reach those car wash. They spray water at the wheel and cause the rotor to have sudden cool down. This cause the metal to warp, so now when I reach the petrol station will 1st top up, than go in shopping 5 to 10 min before going to car wash.

And during car wash, do not apply parking brake, do not step on the brake also, just put to P and enjoy the wash. As if the brake is apply, the other part of the rotor was cool down by the water spray, but the part with the brake pad clamping still very hot. This will cause the rotor to warp more.

in this case,

how much is a pair of original rotors, for vios03?

do i have to change rear ones as well

Should be no more than S$200. Go to stockist instead of ADs.

Change those that are warped or need to be changed.

If your rear ones are still alright to use and not warped, there is no need to change them.

Edited by Yuan

Neutral Newbie

in this case,

how much is a pair of original rotors, for vios03?

do i have to change rear ones as well

I changed b4, $90 1 side for front OEM, exclude brake pads and labour.

and dont skim, skim also need money, downtime and from what i heard, reduce braking power. top abit more can change brand new OEM.

and then oh ya, rear ones no need to change, chances are the front only.

Edited by Thelord

i have asked my mechanic,

he said that my rotors are fine. there is nothing wrong with it, evern skimming also do not need

Turbocharged

My rotor warp also like this, but it happened when apply brake at >100km/h. Warp rotor was caused by car wash, when just reach those car wash. They spray water at the wheel and cause the rotor to have sudden cool down. This cause the metal to warp, so now when I reach the petrol station will 1st top up, than go in shopping 5 to 10 min before going to car wash.

And during car wash, do not apply parking brake, do not step on the brake also, just put to P and enjoy the wash. As if the brake is apply, the other part of the rotor was cool down by the water spray, but the part with the brake pad clamping still very hot. This will cause the rotor to warp more.

This is something new to me, that car wash can cause warping. So what's the difference between the "parking brake", which you say should not be applied, and putting to P? I'm missing something here.

he asked me to go to his shop again to determine the actual cause. i have not been to his shop and was just asking around first to have a understanding

he asked me to go to his shop again to determine the actual cause. i have not been to his shop and was just asking around first to have a understanding

He haven't even seen your car and yet he can tell you your rotors are fine?

Awesome mechanic! Can recommend to me? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement