Driving commercial vehicle into JB, the by left way?

Ahdi

Neutral Newbie

By right commercial vehicle not suppose to enter JB, unless got wadever licence or road tax.

Was thinking could i drive my company kangoo into JB? using the by left way.

Anyone had tried driving commercial in and manage to siam the authorities, or what will be the consequence if i kana booked?

If i not wrong, diesel vehcile not affected by the 3/4 tank rule, so i can go in empty tank to pump.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

By right commercial vehicle not suppose to enter JB, unless got wadever licence or road tax.

Anyone had tried driving commercial in and manage to siam the authorities, or what will be the consequence if i kana booked?

If i not wrong, diesel vehcile not affected by the 3/4 tank rule, so i can go in empty tank to pump.

Errrrrrrrr no licence kena fine rm150 - no road tax - i dun know bec i got rd tax but no MY license nai ...... [bigcry]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

SG side not an issue ma, the problem lies with the JB side ma.

n since corruption is so bad over there, some coffee can solve the issue after being caught?

n i have heard frnd de frnd driving it into JB, wonder how they manage o do it.

SG and JB custom not a issue. But dun sway sway tio road block , MY TP or kena their JPJ(MY's LTA) officer. Then hoi sei liao, if you are lucky, coffee $ only.If worst, compound.

• Praise 1

if u suay sauy meet 1 that dun wan kopi $$ - then they will toll your ride into the police station .... good luck mate - I granratte u they sure check every SG van .......... i got check jus after the JB custom check point ............ suay suay .....

so is there a legal and proper way for a SG "G" plate van to enter into JB ?

Not worth the time and money.

For commercial vans or vehicles to ply msia roads, u need to have msia commercial or goods vehicle licence, msia must have a registered company and have to sent your vehicle to their testing center (sort of like our vicom or sta here).

On top of that, need to buy msia road tax.

If wanna hiong in like as per say w/o anything... Good luck.

Vehicle might risk impounded and many troublesome things to mention.

And if that jpj fella is smart enough, he wouldnt want that pittance of few Ks of kopi.

He can highlight to u that he CAN sent all relevant data to our sg side cum your insurance and then impound. (if i am not salah, sg insurance underwriters did state somewhere that commercial vehicles dont cover msia unless otherwise stated)

That is worth alot of kopi $ or your registered coy in sg will be in deep shit...

[knife]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

wasted ... thought they had a legal day-use plan ...

my colleague actually drive the company van until got serious problem ... check with AD ... about S$6.5k to repair ... so was thinking of going into JB to have it fixed ... so too bad ...

Turbocharged

For me the big big one would be insurance - your insurance sure won't cover if drive in illegally, and the liability in such a situation is too much.

There are people that act as a consultancy to help you get the proper things to drive in - not sure how you find them.

But one thing to remember - Singapore side you have to go in through the commercial vehicles thingy - not sure how long that will take

• Praise 2

wasted ... thought they had a legal day-use plan ...

my colleague actually drive the company van until got serious problem ... check with AD ... about S$6.5k to repair ... so was thinking of going into JB to have it fixed ... so too bad ...

Company van, company bao the upkeep and maintenance mah rite?

Unless your friend did something to the van like homemade mods or failure to do pre-drive checks like oils and coolant etc... Drive and wack until pistons or conn rods fly out (yes my ex coy got such a case)

Whats the ride? Not really have to go AD. Can try asking outside ws for 2nd or 3rd opinions.

Twincharged

Company van, company bao the upkeep and maintenance mah rite?

Unless your friend did something to the van like homemade mods or failure to do pre-drive checks like oils and coolant etc... Drive and wack until pistons or conn rods fly out (yes my ex coy got such a case)

Whats the ride? Not really have to go AD. Can try asking outside ws for 2nd or 3rd opinions.

if company use only ok lah ... but my colleague gets to drive it home and to work ...etc ... so its reciprocal ...

but if can't do cheaper then bopian got to go back to AD under company liow lor ....

btw, its a Toyota van .. euro 5 (or 6)... I think nobody outside can do.

I reckon you fren didn't purposely damage it right? Just use until it stopped since company van. Why must come out own pocket marnie to fix someone else's property.

if company use only ok lah ... but my colleague gets to drive it home and to work ...etc ... so its reciprocal ...

but if can't do cheaper then bopian got to go back to AD under company liow lor ....

• Praise 1

(edited)

oops 4 yr old thread

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 1

Euro 5 toyota van... Hmmm... Hiace?

I dont think there is no ws cannot do. Just that you have to go to the right ones.

Unless you talking about Dodge Ram pig kup. Many moons ago it was selling here.

Even so, some ws also can do. Just that headache nia.

↡ Advertisement