Cars in Singapore... Need or Wants?

Picanto

we need a house to live in, food to survive. etc. these can be really called needs.

Can we really say we need a car in singapore?

↡ Advertisement

we need a house to live in, food to survive. etc. these can be really called needs.

Can we really say we need a car in singapore?

Car in Singapore is just a convenient tool and status symbol. I need a car to move around in Malaysia though. This car spends most of the time in Malaysia than in SG and hardly drink Singapore petrol [laugh].

Regards,

Even with so many ppl driving during peak hours, the public transports are still packed to the brim. So one can imagine what happens when no one drives in Sgp and everyone takes public transport. Some of the passengers will have to sit on top of buses and trains just like in Bangladesh. :D

Jokes aside, with our current population and public transport system I would say it's a need for some of us but not all. Largely depends on our public transport. If frequencies of trains & buses are improved, shorter waiting time and reasonable fares I'm sure the needs of a car will be less. But I highly doubt that will even happen at all.

• Praise 2

what if u are a family guy do you need it ?

family guy or not....singapore is only 42 km long. taxis can still get the family man to where he wants

dont u know what is convenience ? besides for those family who always goes out together most of the time.

so is this a need or want ? how about you?

A question which never have the 'correct' answer...

If driving is a need then we may not have COE or ERP liao :mellow: .

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

U dun need a house, u jus a need a roof over ur head. U dun need food to survive, u need air & water, just imagine a "vege" patient.

U dun need to wear clothes, jus cover ur "modesty" from us. U dun need transport, u have legs. Everything since human evolution are not needs but wants. isnt it obvious? All that a livng human need is just to breathe, feed/drink & to survive. So a car is definitely a WANT.

family guy or not....singapore is only 42 km long. taxis can still get the family man to where he wants

taxi??? r u kidding??? u know how long is the queue to take cab?? got one time i dont drive to compass point cos i thought its near to my home. go by lrt and went back want to take cab and queue more than half an hour and i bought a lot of groceries. one of my relatives used to take cab and he say car is useless in sg but after 3 yrs, he bought a new Fit and last week he told me that with honda fit, he save more money than take cab!!

Anyway, Chn 5 is talking about it now...

Hearing what the guests said, need or luxury....

i think i can do without the car.... i am not even in sales [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

the host tone down a lot this week [rolleyes]

Hearing what the guests said, need or luxury....

i think i can do without the car.... i am not even in sales [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

the host tone down a lot this week [rolleyes]

Actually I dun need a car also. But I have to give support to the car manufacturers otherwise a lot of ppl will loose their jobs. What will their families rely on. So I must not be selfish and only think for myself. I must buy cars to save ppl from losing their jobs. :D

Yes. It is a need.

You need a car to show to others you are successful and better than them.

You can't prove to others you are more superior if you were to queue for taxi or squeeze in bus.

Actually I dun need a car also. But I have to give support to the car manufacturers otherwise a lot of ppl will loose their jobs. What will their families rely on. So I must not be selfish and only think for myself. I must buy cars to save ppl from losing their jobs. :D

good excuse [thumbsup][laugh]

Yes. It is a need.

You need a car to show to others you are successful and better than them.

You can't prove to others you are more superior if you were to queue for taxi or squeeze in bus.

that's why we have people coming here to boast about their cayman and mercedes. they want to feel superior

↡ Advertisement