Singapore got place to catch crabs?

Imamiah

Hey guys, been thinking of going back to catching crabs (not the sexually transmitted disease).

Anyone know of any good locations? used to go sembawang jetty.... but the crabs kenna catch until almost extinct liao :P

↡ Advertisement

Hey guys, been thinking of going back to catching crabs (not the sexually transmitted disease).

Anyone know of any good locations? used to go sembawang jetty.... but the crabs kenna catch until almost extinct liao :P

S'wang Park Jetty, flower crabs. Use shark fish meat after left over outside room temperature for 8 hours or fish heads from those thrown away by fish balls maker stall (only one left at Lor 7, TPY market). The smelly the better. Best time to catch is when the tide comes in....... [cool]

i think sembawang park can. but can try those at the penjuru where the C something logistics there also can

woah... penjuru a bit far leh. but what crabs? Flower crabs?

i saw people catching it along singapore river...but those are flower crabs...

Hey there. Which part of Singapore River ah? The crab size ok?

Inside Mindef there are lots of them ...

Jokes aside, you can try your luck over at Bedok Jetty.

Bedok Jetty I got recce leh. But dun seem to see people landing any :P

S'wang Park Jetty, flower crabs. Use shark fish meat after left over outside room temperature for 8 hours or fish heads from those thrown away by fish balls maker stall (only one left at Lor 7, TPY market). The smelly the better. Best time to catch is when the tide comes in....... [cool]

Bro, nowadays SBW park jetty still have? e last time i went was a couple of years back. think due to over crabbing, the crabs are super small. what's e last time u went? any luck with landing palm sized ones?

Bro, nowadays SBW park jetty still have? e last time i went was a couple of years back. think due to over crabbing, the crabs are super small. what's e last time u went? any luck with landing palm sized ones?

not sure where my gf mum caught the crabs 3 years back, but the crawl alone is a huge as my palm!! bigger than those crab we usually see in restaurant.

it is so fresh that all she need is just steam the crab live after washing, no need to put any salt or chilli.....so that u can taste the natural sweetness of fresh crab meat.

but she said cannot find any crab these days liao [dead]

Not sure if there are any more "paid' crab fishing ponds left...

In the past, we used to go to East Coast Park - the lagoon was once transformed into a large fishing area and over at one side, they had a crab fishing section...

Very decent sided crabs can be caught - our best haul was around 15 mid-sized crabs after 2 hours (S$15 per hour or less)...

Also knew of one over at Pasir Ris fishing pond previously - haven't been back there for ages...

Bedok Jetty I got recce leh. But dun seem to see people landing any :P

Last I fished over at Bedok Jetty was 8 years ago.

At that time, have seen people catching quite a number and I managed to haul up a sotong about 50cm long when it's "pocket" got onto my fishing hook.

Years ago, my brother use to catch crab from the whampoa canal. The ones with grass batches(instead of support concrete walls at the side banks). Can catch good size crabs, even soo hock fish there too. SERIOUS [nod] But penty of snakes tho.......... [sweatdrop]

Have to walk along the banks at nite with torch lights and using fishing nets with pole. U have to fish them out directly Crab nets with bait wont work.

U can try to recee first. As long as the grass have not been converted to concrete walls, there should be crabs.

Forget about sembawang park and bedok jetty.........over many years, i only see baby size crabs been caught.

Orelse you can go to yishun reservior and catch prawns.........but have to use line/hook with chicken liver as bait.

Chop & confirm sure can catch penty of good size prawns.....and its not illegal hor. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

bro try out the other jetty further up from bedok jetty..went there ard cny period n during full moon high tide..managed to catch abt 15 nos of good sized mud crabs..but i used string ray meat though..try your luck bro..

↡ Advertisement