YOG Budgeted and Actual

Civic6228

Dear All,

I am personally not convince with the replies given by the Minister on the over budget of the recent YOG. Initial budget was 104 Million and actual expenditure was 387 Million. The Minister admited that there was a mistake and it is a bloody expensive mistake. Moreever nothing is mention about making up for the mistake.

Another mistake with projection ...... like the COE. What is happening ?

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

Dear All,

I am personally not convince with the replies given by the Minister on the over budget of the recent YOG. Initial budget was 104 Million and actual expenditure was 387 Million. The Minister admited that there was a mistake and it is a bloody expensive mistake. Moreever nothing is mention about making up for the mistake.

Another mistake with projection ...... like the COE. What is happening ?

Cheers

u want the truth soldier? u cannot handle the truth !!! [laugh] [laugh]

but seriously, is a fact that SG 1st time hosting such an event. it was the 1st YOG, so there wasnt even a past game to get reference from. Of course the budget of the standard olympic games cannot be compared as YOG budget is just a small fraction.

They might have spent nearly $400m but most of the business, i believe went to SG companies like security,transport, food..etc etc

So $$ still flows back to Singaporean...unlike investing in some collapsing bank or something..

I think they purposely bid low low to get the rights..

so how the bid works, who pay who? is the highest or lowest bidder gets the job?

Edited by Tom_kkh

the funniest thing is one person from the same party arrowed to ask the questions in front of everyone..machiem i ask my wife how much she spent on cosmetics in front of my parents...

They might have spent nearly $400m but most of the business, i believe went to SG companies like security,transport, food..etc etc

So $$ still flows back to Singaporean...unlike investing in some collapsing bank or something..

cannot agree more. and the biggest buck goes to SFI... than more bonues plus dividends goes to the share holders due to a good year. and the shareholders are..................

↡ Advertisement