Day road trip to Malaysia.

Kilatz

Hey guys...

Am planning to go on a quick getaway to some nearby places in Malaysia (or even Sg) for a small family.

Have run out of ideas of where to go just to have a good drive, eat seafood or some good food and just relax until drive back in the evening.

Anyone have any suggestions?

↡ Advertisement

Where have you already been?

Well I have been around Malaysia but not much of JB... so are there any hidden gems that many do not know of yet?

don't go to the popular places like jb, melaka, desaru, sg renggit. why not take the b-road to muar and come back?

What can I do in Muar? Any nice place for food and such?

Yeah Malacca sounds interesting. Haven't been there for quite a while.

I'm bored with Kota Tinggi already so one alternative I can think of is the coastal road of Trengganu but its so far away and definitely not to be covered in a day! I don't mind a slow drive as I find that relaxing as long as I have a destination.

What about Malacca? Any good places to go there?

Yeah Malacca sounds interesting. Haven't been there for quite a while.

I'm bored with Kota Tinggi already so one alternative I can think of is the coastal road of Trengganu but its so far away and definitely not to be covered in a day! I don't mind a slow drive as I find that relaxing as long as I have a destination.

What about Malacca? Any good places to go there?

If you like beaches, try Desaru (Lotus Desaru).

If you like food and sightseeing, try Malacca (plenty of hotels)

If you like to chill out and relax by a private pool, try Port Dickson (Legend Water Homes) - I'm going for this next week

If you like really great beaches, go Cherating (Awana Kijal) - tried 1.5 yrs back, 2D1N, pretty relax, but should depart very early in the morning

i drove to malacca for shopping... and head back SG on the same day... ahhaaaa

i find this is crazy.. but i did that... [laugh]

Edited by Itsec

Wldn't it be a bit rush and tiring?! [rolleyes]

it ain't crazy....many folks do that...I just did that too!

yes and no....f you mentally prepared then no real rush..take ur time no need to speed....but of course the NSHW does tempt the foot to get heavier....

caution...do not eat too much in Melaka....sleepy on way home lah

What a coincidence

I am looking at a day trip on a weekday. I am looking to go to Batu Pahat and then make my way home on the coastal road that leads to Pontian and then home.

I choose a weekday becos of the traffic.

And I am looking at one of the days during the last 2 weeks of Oct.

no leh... go there.. dimsum... then shops open @11.. just nice.. shop and shop... then later afternoon go.. jusco..., night go jonker....

back before 11... just nice... reach home.. tired.. dont bother to unpack.. knock off... [:p]

Edited by Itsec

ya.. I agree..

if you go melaka, your iterinary should be around like that...

Bro Kilatz.. you hoot your wish to 160km/h.. will take less than 3 hours per trip.

I hoot from my place to to muar town.. exit pagoh.. take 2 hours plus.

you can try going to muar for lunch/brunch.. and use the new link to melaka which takes 30mins. If you interested in buying otak, i can arrange for you.. so you can just take and ciao.. LOL

or you want lightning/fan/water heater products.. we can see if you need my lobang also.. :P

At melaka, you can go the new JUSCO or TESCO.. then later in the afternoon, visit the town and jonker street.. got some eateries near holiday inn.. like satay lut lut (something new for you perhaps)

You can get cheap baby clothings at Factory outlet and reject shops in JUSCO. The Nautica is also having sales.. :P

Maybe some car care products in the Giant looks good for you? :P

How about a good massage? I know one with really good one.. clean one lah.. really GOOD. Less than RM100 for 2 hours plus.

But.. this sounds tiring.. perhaps you wanna consider one night in melaka.. if not.. you will be dead exhausted when you return to SG in the wee hours.

as for JB.. im not sure... I abit wary about going JB thou..

Wah Lau bros!!! Thanks for the replies...

Now I have several things and locations to consider.

Actually I go on self trips to KL several times a year... you know, wake up in the morning and have the "wah good to drive to KL" feeling... so I will drive to KL, park at KLCC, roam around the whole day and then head home at 5 in the evening so that the sun sets while I'm on the HS highway... haha.

That's why I want to do something different. Desaru is a bit out because it gets crowded.

So Malacca is a good alternative but I have only been there AGES ago so I don't know how the place looks like.

Bro Gem... I love otak! Where to get??

Where is the best and safest place to park in Malacca?

Again bros thanks for the replies!!! Really appreciate the ideas...

Bro,

you want the big block of otak or those normal bbq leave type? those so called blocks of otak sold in SG is slightly smaller than the big block I'm talking about.

jusco and tesco car parks are open air.. park nearer to entrances lor. Mahkota parade is also open air.. but human traffic is much higher. Pahlawan is sheltered.. you might not get to park near entrance. if not you can try parking at holiday inn hotel.. think it's rm5 a day.. maybe rm10 for weekend. These places are still ok.

you can forget about parking near jonker street.. the roads are narrow and you might spend too much time finding a lot.

leave your stuff in the boot.. not on the seats.. if u have steering wheel lock.. good to have la.

one day trip to KL ah, bro.. power sia... i don't think i can tahan...

Sg to batu pahat

approx 130km to 150km away from Sg.

Exit ayer hitam if u wanna go this BP mall lst,

else exit Yong Peng (utera / South) if u wanna pop by this Summit...

3 major shopping centres there

1) The summit (layout is similar to our marine parade but on a smaller scale), undergoing phase 2 expansion now.

Lots of things and shops (similar to Far East plaza concept)...

Very popular among the crowd there...

The oldest of the shopping mall there, got ' THE STORE'.... quite a old cinema

Food wise, KFC, Macdonald, pizza hut...not much of a choice.

If you are looking for bluetooth earpiece, there are quite a few choices at reasonable pricing inside this charlie photo store. i got my SE bluetooth ear piece there.

2) Square 1 (quite new)

Got Giant, cinema (very good cinema, new seats), KFC,

Nothing much there, walk walk see see will do lol, to pass time....

3) Batu Pahat mall (the biggest of the mall)....

Got new cinema too, BP MALL (which is real huge), and some other shops...

Food wise, is normal...dont expect too much....

IF u looking for food, can try the area around square 1 (if i rem the name correctly)...

Else, if u can take pork, u must go try the Ah See wanton mee, located near the bus interchange there (just behind summit),

if u can locate where is the OCBC bank, its just a few stores besides it, then u can pop by 2 streets away to try the chendol....

For nite time, u may wanna try the zhi char store, near the summit there..

quite popular but the waiting time is approx 1 hour during peak time...

wait till very hungry

the chilli crabs there are superb...

Then the mee hoon kway there (some stores away) , the name is lao zhi hao, also not bad but hor, not always opened one...

Just an update...

hope this is helpful to you....

Heard so much abt batu pahat, wonder really ok to go there? Need to stay 1 night there if go batu pahat?

↡ Advertisement