Just Tried Schaffer Supreme 9000 5w40....

Nmnhnlm

Bought this oil cause mx no mo 40wt or 50wt Amsoil I need. Thus decide to try out this Schaffer supreme 9000 instead. It is good stuff!! Engine is very smooth and quiet. Previously using 50wt and though that 40wt will result in more vibrations or noise but not the case! Its even quieter! Maybe its because of new oil but I am impressed. Now will monitor to see if my FC will improve due to slightly thinner oil. I also did add a bottle of Liquimoly Ceratec additive (usual additive for my car).

↡ Advertisement

yap, its a good oil. im using 5W30. no complain, its comparable with Amsoil XLM series

bro, can i kpo a little?

how come sometime you use 5w20, sometime 5w30 sometime 5w40? is there a reason to that?

Thanks

What car are you driving that you need 9000? 9000 is more for turbo diesel cars with DPF. You want good fc, should get the 7000, even with turbo petrol.

Been using Supreme 9000 5w30 for a couple of years now. A truly good boutique oil with a great additive package that is well-regarded on BITOG but not really well known here in SG.

I use it in conjunction with a maintenance dose of AutoRX, changing oil every 10k km and my UOA results are great especially in a car that is 19yrs old :)

bro, can i kpo a little?

how come sometime you use 5w20, sometime 5w30 sometime 5w40? is there a reason to that?

Thanks

cant get any 5W20 for Schaffer Supreme 9000 locally, so bo pian use the next grade available loh...

all along, Im usually using 5W20 or 0W20 oil only. As for 5W40 oil, i seldom use it leh... if you are refering to the c a r l u b e that i purchase recently, i actually plan to use it for short OCI (use it for around 1,000km to 2000km and drain off) as engine flush. thats what I do every 20K km interval. last time i bought toyota 10w30 for this purpose cause its cheap at $16/4L, but the price increase quite a lot so i change it to other brand alrd...

What car are you driving that you need 9000? 9000 is more for turbo diesel cars with DPF. You want good fc, should get the 7000, even with turbo petrol.

dont get what u meant... both 9000 and 7000 series can be use on petrol car, not too sure about diesel thoug cause im only interested in its API rating for petrol car.. 7000 is semi syn with blend of group II oil + POA. where 9000 series is fully syn. both can be use for turbo charge/ N.A car. Just remember to choose the right vicosity.

im actually going to try the Schaffer Supreme 7000 5W20, since the thinnest oil available for 9000 series is 5W30 locally. if the 7000 series can last 10,000km, think its really good for value.

Edited by Tigershark1976

Been using Supreme 9000 5w30 for a couple of years now. A truly good boutique oil with a great additive package that is well-regarded on BITOG but not really well known here in SG.

I use it in conjunction with a maintenance dose of AutoRX, changing oil every 10k km and my UOA results are great especially in a car that is 19yrs old :)

yap, the Supreme 9000 5w30 is a great oil. cant find any complain about it, but amsoil XLM series is equally good. Both can last 10,000km easily with local driving style.

i have never did any formal UOA but i did the blotter test for both oil and the result were great, can actually stretch more but i still change at 10K... both selling at same price but XLM series can get 5W20 locally, so i use more Amsoil more than Supreme 9000

Edited by Tigershark1976

cant get any 5W20 for Schaffer Supreme 9000 locally, so bo pian use the next grade available loh...

all along, Im usually using 5W20 or 0W20 oil only. As for 5W40 oil, i seldom use it leh... if you are refering to the c a r l u b e that i purchase recently, i actually plan to use it for short OCI (use it for around 1,000km to 2000km and drain off) as engine flush. thats what I do every 20K km interval. last time i bought toyota 10w30 for this purpose cause its cheap at $16/4L, but the price increase quite a lot so i change it to other brand alrd...

I see....................thanks.

me now on the schaeffer 7000 5w20, thinking of trying amsoil XLM 5w20 and royal purple 5w20 also.

used the VX as engine flush like what you did, run for 1000km and drain off. Did not think of using this method to flush again because thinking of doing 5000km OCI.

but if i can find one real cheap cheap 5w30 oil, maybe i will do it again. [laugh]

I see....................thanks.

me now on the schaeffer 7000 5w20, thinking of trying amsoil XLM 5w20 and royal purple 5w20 also.

used the VX as engine flush like what you did, run for 1000km and drain off. Did not think of using this method to flush again because thinking of doing 5000km OCI.

but if i can find one real cheap cheap 5w30 oil, maybe i will do it again. [laugh]

i haven tried c a r l u b e b4 so cant comment, if its good, maybe i might use it till 3000km or even 5000km.

think u may skip royal purple. tried and not really so impressed with it. i bought 12 qt at 1 go and change it around 7,000km.

Since we are unlikely to change our oil at 15,000 miles (24,000km) like ang moh do, so we may skip Amsoil ASM 0w20, ASL 5w30 and go for Amsoil XLM 5W20. its confirm a good choice if u drain your oil at around 10,000km.

i haven tried c a r l u b e b4 so cant comment, if its good, maybe i might use it till 3000km or even 5000km.

think u may skip royal purple. tried and not really so impressed with it. i bought 12 qt at 1 go and change it around 7,000km.

Since we are unlikely to change our oil at 15,000 miles (24,000km) like ang moh do, so we may skip Amsoil ASM 0w20, ASL 5w30 and go for Amsoil XLM 5W20. its confirm a good choice if u drain your oil at around 10,000km.

noted. thanks :D

Bought this oil cause mx no mo 40wt or 50wt Amsoil I need. Thus decide to try out this Schaffer supreme 9000 instead. It is good stuff!! Engine is very smooth and quiet. Previously using 50wt and though that 40wt will result in more vibrations or noise but not the case! Its even quieter! Maybe its because of new oil but I am impressed. Now will monitor to see if my FC will improve due to slightly thinner oil. I also did add a bottle of Liquimoly Ceratec additive (usual additive for my car).

can share your experience on ceratec?

i bought two bottle, hasnt try yet.

now on the mos2 only.

can i use two together?

Twincharged

Sorry to ask, is supreme 9000 suitable for petrol engine, turbo?

Yes. And Amazon selling $25 a gallon. Approx $10sgd per litre. Quite ok.

Supercharged

Yes. And Amazon selling $25 a gallon. Approx $10sgd per litre. Quite ok.

Great. Thanks for the assurance.

Cos I don't dare to use as the label state diesel engine..