What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modification is required that can increase acceleration but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

Just buy a better car [laugh].

Regards,

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Reduce weight, especially tyres and rims.

Off aircon.

Rev till ~peak power RPM before upshifting.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Install LTA friendly exhaust, which comes with the vroom vroom, remapping of ECU, E manage or unichip piggyback for ECU, lighten car weight eg: rims. e throttle controller to change sports, eco or normal mode, sprint booster for responsive accelerator, change manifold, cold air intake, change filter to high flow, low temp thermostat, or just install a turbo kit and pay workshop inspect for u. laugh.gif

• Praise 4

High torque engine with correct gearing and car with optimum power to weigh ratio.

but at the end of the day, most car accelerate good enough for daily driving.

Drive too fast increase risk and damage of accident and end up increase insurance burning more money.

Drive safely, this is a small city, everyone can drive fast by just stepping on the right pedal.

but to drive safely, efficiently is a skill.

Just my humble opinion.

• Praise 3

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

Thanks in advance.

what car you drive?

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

Change engine, exhaust and air intake. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

you need to basically to change 70% of your car parts to balance with your car performance(power).

my point of advise:

save your money from modification then buy a better car. if you dont listen , you will use alot of money to learn this sentance of wise words.

Edited by Lanevomax
  • Praise 4

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

You've bought the wrong car. You should have got yourself a performance car.

• Praise 2

if all you care for is acceleration, then get lighter wheels and while you are at that change to a smaller sized wheel. also get tires that are as skinny as possible and over-inflate them to about 38-40 psi.

this will give you superb straight line acceleration. but can't say much about looks, safety and handling. [laugh]

also rip out the rear seats, remove all carpets and sound deadening material (lots of this between carpets and the door panels. take out the spare wheels and tools in the boot and remove all the lining there as well.

not sure why do you want to accelerate so fast... if you have to wait to get a fast car, just wait. better to save up money than to spend money modifying something to be 0.5 second faster from 0-100.

• Praise 3

If's it manual gear, change final drive and flywheel. Leave the IHE untouched.

Get a set of lightweight sport rims and off you go.

• Praise 1

Your avatar looks like Yaris/Vitz. If it's a 1.5L, good enough for traffic light sprinting.

Most of the time, it's people who do not understand their car characteristics rather than the car has poor acceleration. If you're scared to press accelerator to 3K rpm, how do you expect fast acceleration? The engine won't fall apart even if you gun it till 5K rpm.

Your concern should be if your tyres and suspension can take the bends/corners or the much needed last minute evasive lane changing action without jumping curb when you're fast and furious.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

High torque engine with correct gearing and car with optimum power to weigh ratio.

Drive too fast increase risk and damage of accident and end up increase insurance burning more money.

Drive safely, this is a small city, everyone can drive fast by just stepping on the right pedal.

Just my humble opinion.

yes if a driver is good a person will be able to get the most out of a car [:)]

• Praise 2

Reduce weight, especially tyres and rims.

Off aircon.

Rev till ~peak power RPM before upshifting.

yes that is correct

• Praise 1

if all you care for is acceleration, then get lighter wheels and while you are at that change to a smaller sized wheel. also get tires that are as skinny as possible and over-inflate them to about 38-40 psi.

this will give you superb straight line acceleration. but can't say much about looks, safety and handling. [laugh]

also rip out the rear seats, remove all carpets and sound deadening material (lots of this between carpets and the door panels. take out the spare wheels and tools in the boot and remove all the lining there as well.

not sure why do you want to accelerate so fast... if you have to wait to get a fast car, just wait. better to save up money than to spend money modifying something to be 0.5 second faster from 0-100.

lol depends on the right pressure for the car

but yea better to get a performance car...

Your avatar looks like Yaris/Vitz. If it's a 1.5L, good enough for traffic light sprinting.

Most of the time, it's people who do not understand their car characteristics rather than the car has poor acceleration. If you're scared to press accelerator to 3K rpm, how do you expect fast acceleration? The engine won't fall apart even if you gun it till 5K rpm.

Your concern should be if your tyres and suspension can take the bends/corners or the much needed last minute evasive lane changing action without jumping curb when you're fast and furious.

u can even go to 7 to 8k

drive safe

Just my humble opinion.

yes efficiency is a skill

Edited by Ithunk
↡ Advertisement