Is your Town Council less "ON" after the GE?

Ben5266

Supercharged

I found my block and surrounding area quite dirty and messy lately, especially yesterday.

Litter all over the common area.

MBT punishes us for not give him overwhelming support?

Ok.. maybe yesterday is public holiday. No cleaner.

↡ Advertisement

They did work hard 3 months before GE....they will do so again 4 .5 yrs time lah..be patient

(edited)

before GE they wash the void deck every fortnight since feb.

now disappear liaoz

Edited by Tom_kkh

Turbocharged

I found my block and surrounding area quite dirty and messy lately, especially yesterday.

Litter all over the common area.

MBT punishes us for not give him overwhelming support?

Ok.. maybe yesterday is public holiday. No cleaner.

i reach home in the dark. cannot see clearly. tonight will go and check,

My Town council people have never been ON before. Their standard suck. MP come, wayang clean up the area. MP for past few years nvr see his face, the cleaninless is like hell..

macpherson_estate_towncouncil_dirty_terr

I'm really sick of all the wayang about the Town Council's 'excellent' performance in my estate at Macpherson and would like to show everyone the true state of our living.

Feedbacks on uncleared rubbish at common areas and even faulty lifts can be ignored for ages and left as it is until they feel like taking action which can be 2-3 weeks later. Frequent loitering of delinquents and strange people from the large foreign community who recently moved into our estate, can be seen staring and drooling at ladies who return from work late at night. When we inform police about this during community events, they said they are aware but do nothing about it for years already.

We have been hoping some genuine politician can transform and #save Macpherson. Though chances are small but we still look forward to that day!

Fardilah
A.S.S. Contributor

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

This town council thing is making me laugh. One of the most ridiculous even though majority of the estates are HDB flats.

MP run Town Council? At most they are just represented and the people living in that estate should sits in the council. No difference for any private condominiums.

I also don't see why one estate should be given more budget than another just because their MP is a senior minister. If that senior minister is only good in taking care of his estate, then we could employ a much cheaper managing agent to do a better job than him/her.

Do get distracted on the role of the MA and council members. If we pay MPs to run them, I would rather HDB employ professional to take on this role.

• Praise 7

Twincharged
(edited)

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/mountain-trash-attracts-flies-new-hdb-estate-choa-chu-kang/123?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&link_time=1467123016#xtor=CS2-4

Remember last few GE, pap keep said vote for pap and not other party. They will make sure town council will be well run. But look, a simple rubbish clearing at blk 817a Chua chu kang could not be resolved. People Complained to town council and the problem gets better initially but then gets back to the same state and then piles up more and more for 1 month. Then there is lift problem in the next block.

If it is under wp town council it would be interesting to see whether paps mps or minister will say, hey look this is the so call efficiency wp? Can't even gets the rubbish cleaning done properly and lift keeps breakdown. Since it happened to pap side, they can't say themselves and shoot at their own foot.

So well.. That's life, if they want to say others, make sure they are 100% perfect. If not be prepared for others to shoot back if there is any flaws. That been said, it's actually a good competition. Imagine whole of Singapore only one party control. They will have less incentives to do better as end of the day, they knew that it will still under their power. With competition from other parties, with this rubbish situation, if it goes widespread, people will get pissed off and more vote will swing to other party then they know.

Piled rubbish is more serious then lift breakdown. Lift breakdown only affects the internal block. Piled rubbish, not only it is unsightly, it also smells, the smells can go all the way to quite far distance. That once is more damaging to the town council image.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

Eh... I thought this screengrap is quite famous by now...how come nobody remember this before they comprain leh?

:D

Classic :D

Anyway, we have only ourselves to blame ... what to do?!

Hopefully they can clear up the rubbish soon ... be responsible...

Mai comprain ah :XD:

Let's Move ON ... :D

• Praise 1

Eh... I thought this screengrap is quite famous by now...how come nobody remember this before they comprain leh?

:D

u dun chibi bring politic hor.....go see rules :XD:  :XD:

Classic :D

Anyway, we have only ourselves to blame ... what to do?!

Hopefully they can clear up the rubbish soon ... be responsible...

Let's Move ON ... :D

jialat liao @bentong turned on and will cum in

Turbocharged

The best part,

""Wanbao has reached out to Choa Chu kang Town Council and HDB, but did not receive a reply by press time.""

No comment..:XD:

• Praise 1

What do you think is the issue? Ppl who do not care and are not considerate? Or is the town coucil not working hard enough?

I think the answer is obvious.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3