Unhappy about experience at restaurant

Latka

ST Forum

Jun 23, 2011

ON JUNE 9, my family and I went to Jack's Place to celebrate my husband's birthday. We arrived there at 7.30pm and placed our order. Thereafter, four couples strolled in.

Thirty minutes after we had our soup, we were still waiting for our main course of NZ striploin steak and baked codfish. On the other hand, the four couples were already digging into their steaks.

We asked a waiter to check on our order but he did not update us. We then approached the manager, who said the food we had ordered would normally take a longer time to prepare.

I am not convinced this was the reason. I believe the staff forgot the order.

Ironically, the bill came before we asked for it.

Is this the type of service to expect from Jack's Place? Why wasn't there any follow-up from the manager when we were the only table left waiting?

Stacey Ng (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

Onbe of those days where service crew made a mistake. But have to write to ST Forum? Goodness. Maybe she trying to get a free meal fm them by doing this.

Onbe of those days where service crew made a mistake. But have to write to ST Forum? Goodness. Maybe she trying to get a free meal fm them by doing this.

a crew made a mistake and they should quickly rectify it... but seriously there is a major problem with the quality of our service crew... but wait, i thought they prefer to hire FT cos they are more service oriented?

I wonder which outlet she went to? so far my experience with Jack's place are quite good

experienced it once at AMK outlet as well....ordered Fire steak for myself & kid's meal for my child....Fire steak came and I finished it....kid's meal not even here yet......asked few times and finally came after almost 1hr wait.....no apology whatsoever.....and they seem unhappy that I keep asking them abt the kid's meal order.....

even other tables who were later than us also got their full adult meals.....

I can get better steaks at coffee shops nowadays. Jacks what? :huh:

steak i dunno cos i dun take beef..

but i know crab beehoon is better at coffee shop LOL

Turbocharged

Still remember many many many moons ago when still in JC, when with classmates once to the Wisma branch, they also took quite long and a friend of mine said so quite loudly, after the meal when we were about to leave 1 staff actually approach my friend and challenge him to a fight. Those were the days.

Outside settle!!

[laugh]

ST Forum

Jun 23, 2011

ON JUNE 9, my family and I went to Jack's Place to celebrate my husband's birthday. We arrived there at 7.30pm and placed our order. Thereafter, four couples strolled in.

Thirty minutes after we had our soup, we were still waiting for our main course of NZ striploin steak and baked codfish. On the other hand, the four couples were already digging into their steaks.

We asked a waiter to check on our order but he did not update us. We then approached the manager, who said the food we had ordered would normally take a longer time to prepare.

I am not convinced this was the reason. I believe the staff forgot the order.

Ironically, the bill came before we asked for it.

Is this the type of service to expect from Jack's Place? Why wasn't there any follow-up from the manager when we were the only table left waiting?

Stacey Ng (Ms)

You so lucky. We went to another one. Instinctly my nephew break the HongKong pau, and saw a dead German cockroach inside. Called the Captain to explain. She immediately offered to withdraw the dish. Never go back again.

Neutral Newbie

In General the Service standards in Singapore has dropped. Low unemployment rate and higher growth has put tremendous pressure to keep up the service level in this tight labour market condition. Bring in more FTs to solve the problems n create other problems ?????

When the econmy slows down, the people will wake up and the service level will improve too.

I was at the Resort World Sentosa recently, almost all the staff are in those restaurants I visited are breaking the plates and glasses whenever they are clearing the tables.

Sigh..... better eat at home more often.

Just last Sat got similar experience at one of the restaurant at Vivo... Think they missed out one of the orders. All our food arrived except my mum's set, it took quite a while for her set to be served, we're already 3/4 through our food.

They should take away service charge & cultivate a tipping culture. The service staff will be more willing to go an extra mile for their tips... Service I had in places like US & even places like Indonesia is top notch. Willingly tipped them at least 15%!!

given the typical asians.... they prolly end up with no tips...

i think initially that will happen, but over time, ppl will start tipping. i wld if service is good. too bad service in SG to like... no service or self service

i think initially that will happen, but over time, ppl will start tipping. i wld if service is good. too bad service in SG to like... no service or self service

lcal bosses dunno how to discipline staffs lah.

or no training provided. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement