Malaysia : Car breakdown in malaysia

Eko6

When car breaks down in my, there are too many workshops to remember for different states/areas. Is it possible for Singaporean to sign up AAM membership? It is about half the price of AAS membership.

↡ Advertisement

I believe that AA (whatever country) is only useful for towing services and maybe simple repair items like battery or tyres.

Anything more major that involves working inside the engine bay....... better you prepare in advance, the contacts of reliable workshops in MY that might be useful. Don't leave that to AA as you never know if they also "carrot" you by bringing you to their recommended workshops.

I just had my car engine blow on me at Simpang Pulai. I was lucky that the Singapore workshop that I patronise has its so called affliated partner in KL. From that Malaysian workshop, they will have their contacts for towing malaysia wide.

For my case, the MY W/S got tow services from Ipoh (since my car engine blew just on the outskirts) to get the car to his workshop in KL. Since it is a local recommendation, one will also not be slaughtered by pricing. So happens my car can only be repaired by workshops in KL.... so no choice.... else I might have settled for closer to where my car broke down.

Is there a list of reliable MY workshops for every major town? I could not find it in this forum.

Is there a list of reliable MY workshops for every major town? I could not find it in this forum.

that means there is none at all

What is "good" for one, may not be so for another.

Best for you to check with your local workshop. I believe that most would have their contats in Malaysia.

If the workshop bosses do not know, their mechanics probably do as many are from all parts of Malaysia.

It is better to join AAM or AAS for towing if your insurance don't have it. Don't allow private towing service to do if you don't know whether they are honest or not.

If you are on the PLUS highway, Plus will tow your car to the nearest Toll Gate for FREE. First they will see whether a simple repair can be done. Sometimes is just a battery fault or poor electrical connection. Once outside the highway, you are on your own. So you need AAM or AAS to help.

Let me tell a story about my friend's son. Both have Volvos when they went to visit their relative in Kuantan. Father had something to do, left early for home in JB. Very much later, the son left for home. After going some distance it rained heavily. It was dark. The car skidded and went into the ditch. Magically, a tow truck appeared, in heavy rain. They demanded RM3000 for the tow. He refused and called his father. The father called the relative. He arranged the tow which cost RM300.

My friend believed that the tow truck people might have put oil or soap powder on the road to cause the skid. Otherwise, who in the right frame of mind, will come out .in heavy rain and darkness.

↡ Advertisement