Most durable, best gripping tyres

Saviourwu

hi guys, my tyres are due for changing soon. Looking towards long lasting ones with good grip, especially during rain. No need to be sports types, just passenger types will do. Any recommendations on the best brand and model to choose from in Singapore? How is Michelin Primacy HP?

There are quite a few i'm more interested in, but all not available in Singapore it seems. For example, Michelin HydroEdge and Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. Wonder why Singapore only import so limited models...

And by the way, do the tyres usually come with warranty like 6 years or 60000km?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wear and tear item, ma la wu warranty eh?? got puncture can go back tyre dealer and say wan to change new tyre? i suppose not, LLST and do a patch if it's possible lor.

hi guys, my tyres are due for changing soon. Looking towards long lasting ones with good grip, especially during rain. No need to be sports types, just passenger types will do. Any recommendations on the best brand and model to choose from in Singapore? How is Michelin Primacy HP?

There are quite a few i'm more interested in, but all not available in Singapore it seems. For example, Michelin HydroEdge and Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. Wonder why Singapore only import so limited models...

And by the way, do the tyres usually come with warranty like 6 years or 60000km?

• Praise 1

lol wear and tear thing how to claim?

which is why i dun buy tyre from the cheapest dealer available.

alway try to buy from the place which u alway go. if near your house even best.

reason? if u got a puncture , u go to a not familar shop to patch, they might give u crab reason say cannot patch la bababa ask u to change, but if u want to go back to the shop which u buy your tyre from, it might be at another end of the island lol.

at least u go back same shop can cham xiong with the uncle, say u buy from him help u repair la lol :)

• Praise 1

goodyear eagle

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

no offence but how did u come across of tyres with 6 yrs/60k warranty~? [:/]

unless u only use car on weekends, if not i cant think of any tyres which can last that long~

even if the tyres can surpass 2 yrs, the rubber material are likely to be harden & might cause danger~ [:(]

• Praise 1

Michelin pilot super sports. Nuff' said.

Yep! If price is not a factor, these are some of the best tyres money can buy. But I don't think they come in all sizes, mostly for hi-end sports cars with 18" rims and above I think...

all the while i thought that grip comes at the expense of noise and less durable? :huh:

i'm using Michelin super sports currently, the grip is great and the surprising thing is the threadwear rating is 300 up from previous 220 for PS2. so maybe technology has surpass to durable and grippy tyres? time will tell, will see if these tyres last longer than the previous set.

• Praise 1

bro....dont scrimp on tyres.....best is 2-3 years change once....it is the only contact you have to keep you on ground..

I am using continental Tyres best value for grip, price and wear....but downside is pay abit more....

Edited by Ooosh
  • Praise 1

no offence but how did u come across of tyres with 6 yrs/60k warranty~? [:/]

unless u only use car on weekends, if not i cant think of any tyres which can last that long~

even if the tyres can surpass 2 yrs, the rubber material are likely to be harden & might cause danger~ [:(]

Take a look here, most overseas countries offer warranty on thread life, some also warranty on road hazard (1 or 2 years) with new tire exchange or free patching:

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/n...hydroedge-tires

Edited by Saviourwu