Are You Suffering From ADHD ......

Picnic06-Biante15

Yahoo news : 5 ways to know if you have adult ADHD

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is not as rare as you think. A study in the US estimates that there are roughly 8.8 million cases of adult ADHD in America

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is not as rare as you think. A study in the US estimates that there are roughly 8.8 million cases of adult ADHD in America

Thank you for the useful info.

But unless we use webcams and MCF is providing live screening of faces of posters who are online, everyone is more or less involved with each other in MCF thru keyboard, or what we call 'hiding' behind our keyboard literally..... more MUs to overcome the problem of 'hiding'??

btw, how about we have quickie lunch MU in Tuas/Woodland soon? :D

Maybe next week during one of the PSLE marking days (17 ~ 20 Oct 2011) .... [sly]

Maybe next week during one of the PSLE marking days (17 ~ 20 Oct 2011) .... [sly]

Good idea!! ........... so fast another school year ending soon :o

you no need mark papers, or your kids having a break during the few days?

• Praise 1

Good idea!! ........... so fast another school year ending soon :o

you no need mark papers, or your kids having a break during the few days?

Me no teachers lar...... :ph34r: , If I am a teachers, the pupils will go [dizzy] ..... -_-

Me no teachers lar...... :ph34r: , If I am a teachers, the pupils will go [dizzy] ..... -_-

LOL, not all of us can live up to the expectation students have in a teacher.... i cant [:(]

Supersonic

Need to seek opinions and advice.

My elder kid Primary 1 has severe ADHD. Have met school reach counsellor at school (from imh) a month back. Tmr going for 2nd appt also at school with Reach(imh) counsellor.

symptoms :

1) Lack of focus in school

2) Low attention

3) Distracted easily

4) Very talkative to her detriment.

5) School work suffers

6) Ostracised by classmates as during class activity the team loses marks due to her

7) ends up spending recess alone.

Last appt, the psychologist even pre-empt possibility of medication (so I infer its really that severe. She also checks almost all the boxes in a book I bought in regards to ADHD). But I understand that the drug Ritalin will cause lost of eventual growth in height. Up to 1 inch loss. Further, I don't want her to start medication so young.

A school teacher (friend) mentioned that these days teachers are taught how to manage ADHD kids. Hence, from today she sits right in front of the teacher in spite that she is tall. Friend suggested that teacher may want to close 1 eye in relation to team activities (points) due to her condition, but it may lead to others viewing it as privy treatment leading to further issues.

Friend says that though my kid is very playful/cheeky, ADHD is not uncommon. She would have settled well in a neighbourhood school co-ed school. The fact that she is in a semi elite all girls school is part of the problem. The other girls from there are mostly from at least middle class, possessing dainty disposition (with female aggression for some). Good school also means the pace is faster and very focused. Hence, a child with ADHD may find it extra difficult to manage.

Oc & I both reach home 730-8pm. 2/3 of the time, homework is left undone despite repeated reminders. Even when oc sees her idling at home (cctv) excessively & calls home, she would try to evade the phone call that oc makes home.

At the rate its going (taking into account that my pay is significantly lesser), I may have to move on from being underemployed to being unemployed.

Assuming counselling fails, should I :

a) quit my job & stay home.

b) change to a job that is 1/2 day.

c) Accept that she needs medication

d) change to neighbourhood school

e) others ?

Thanks.

Hypersonic

My elder kid Primary 1 has severe ADHD. Have met school reach counsellor at school (from imh) a month back. Tmr going for 2nd appt also at school with Reach(imh) counsellor.

symptoms :

2) Low attention

3) Distracted easily

5) School work suffers

6) Ostracised by classmates as during class activity the team loses marks due to her

Last appt, the psychologist even pre-empt possibility of medication (so I infer its really that severe. She also checks almost all the boxes in a book I bought in regards to ADHD). But I understand that the drug Ritalin will cause lost of eventual growth in height. Up to 1 inch loss. Further, I don't want her to start medication so young.

A school teacher (friend) mentioned that these days teachers are taught how to manage ADHD kids. Hence, from today she sits right in front of the teacher in spite that she is tall. Friend suggested that teacher may want to close 1 eye in relation to team activities (points) due to her condition, but it may lead to others viewing it as privy treatment leading to further issues.

Friend says that though my kid is very playful/cheeky, ADHD is not uncommon. She would have settled well in a neighbourhood school co-ed school. The fact that she is in a semi elite all girls school is part of the problem. The other girls from there are mostly from at least middle class, possessing dainty disposition (with female aggression for some). Good school also means the pace is faster and very focused. Hence, a child with ADHD may find it extra difficult to manage.

Oc & I both reach home 730-8pm. 2/3 of the time, homework is left undone despite repeated reminders. Even when oc sees her idling at home (cctv) excessively & calls home, she would try to evade the phone call that oc makes home.

At the rate its going (taking into account that my pay is significantly lesser), I may have to move on from being underemployed to being unemployed.

e) others ?

Thanks.

Maybe post in kiasuparents.com better? They have more experience forummer there.

e) others ?

Thanks.

Why has to be you and not your wife?

Until you know how to handle her, full time looking after her. But you must read up more or get training to do the job well.

Although some maybe against medication but I believe it can assist in controlling.

No need to change school if one parent going to quit the job.

Supersonic

Why has to be you and not your wife?

Until you know how to handle her, full time looking after her. But you must read up more or get training to do the job well.

Although some maybe against medication but I believe it can assist in controlling.

No need to change school if one parent going to quit the job.

wife's pay over 2 x mine [lipsrsealed]

If I quit job then no need change school. Also may be able to stop having maid.

Or maybe find a job that is 830-1pm.

medication would be 1 of the last resorts.

ADHD is out of fashion. Now bipolar is "in". :D

Speaking of Bipolar, does Sg recognise the 'less diagnosed' bipolar 2?

or the 'conventional' bipolar (manic depression) only?

Supersonic

I dun have ADHD.

But I have ocd!

[grouphug]

me too. Amongst my variety of stuff, hopefully my daughter only got the ADHD. I am not officially diagnosed w ADHD. But when I bought a book to read about it recently......I realized....... [shakehead]

I better seek professional help to get back the $15,000 that I'm losing annually.

actually with that, I can move up & instead of competing w S Pass holders, I can compete with EP holders.. [idea]

Hypersonic

symptoms :

2) Low attention

3) Distracted easily

5) School work suffers

e) others ?

Thanks.

How old's your kid?