Do NOT Call Registry

RadX

Let's hope this works out fine and is implementd so that those mudder cb tele-marketing pinoys, banglas and PRCs, can be fined if they call....knn....every other farking day get calls from these nbcb

PUBLIC APPROVES DO not call registry

s, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 51); ">Public approves proposed Do-Not-Call Registry</h1>20111031.150724_reuters_smartphone.jpgsubtitle_bg_line.gifsubtitle_arrow.gifshare_word.gifemail_icon.gifprint_icon.gif11Share</span>AsiaOne

Monday, Oct 31, 2011SINGAPORE - The Government's new proposed do-not-call (DNC) registry has received an overwhelming stamp of approval from the public from its first consultation exercise, and is now calling for a second round of public feedback.

Under the proposed consumer data protection law, individuals who do not wish to receive unsolicited marketing phone calls, SMS/MMS and fax messages can register their phone numbers with the registry.

Organisations will be required by law to check the registry to ensure they do not send any marketing calls or messages to registered numbers.

The Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) received some 850 responses during their month-long public consultation exercise which was held from Sept 13 to Oct 25, 2011, The Straits Times (ST) reported.

The majority of the responses were in favour of the proposed registry.

Based on the feedback received, MICA is proposing that the originating phone numbers of organisations sending marketing messages must be displayed to the receiver.

It has also been proposed that a subscription fee be imposed for the checking of the DNC registry.

MICA is seeking a second round of public feedback starting Monday on the scope and implementation details of the proposed registry.

This includes the type of messages, organisations and phone numbers that will be under the purview of the registry; exceptions; the methods of registration; how organisations should use the registry; the penalty and enforcement regime; and appeal channels for organisations.

Members of the public are invited to submit their views in writing or online at www.mica.gov.sg/DNConsultation by 5pm on Nov 28, 2011.

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

why cannot be like me....i dun go around callin gppl

1. you want to buy funeral package?

2. I offer loans for funeral package, interest free

3. Good coffins in, buy now, and save for later

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I'll be the first to submit! knn..almost everyday sure got all these nuisance call..

yah lor....knn, dunno which hole they get these nos from....nb.....i have their nos stored and when i see the no....i put it as ccb or cb kia, i hang up [:p][:p]

yah lor....knn, dunno which hole they get these nos from....nb.....i have their nos stored and when i see the no....i put it as ccb or cb kia, i hang up [:p][:p]

haha good one! [thumbsup]

i keep receiving nusiance calls asking me to buy insurance and take loan mostly from pinoys and pinays. i also receive sms from property agents!

i keep receiving nusiance calls asking me to buy insurance and take loan mostly from pinoys and pinays. i also receive sms from property agents!

sms i 50-50, but those cb calls......nb :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am using an Andriod phone and there are some software to block these calls. I am using the "Call Filter" software which I downloaded for free from Andriod Market Place. So after using this software for a few months, now I have a long list of tele-marketeers' phone numbers. I personally tested this software, very shiok. I add a test number to filter and what happened when I called using this test number was that the call didn't get through at all, no ring tone, no "user busy", no nothing. It is as if that the called number doesn't exist at all!! :D You can also block "Unknown" or "No number" calls.

For SMS, it's also irritating, especially from property agents/developers. (no offense to property agents here). I am using Handcent software for Andriod. So what happens is every time i receive a junk SMS, I will blacklist. So the second time, when SMS comes in from that number again, my phone will not ring at all, though it will still be shown and I have to manually delete the SMS.

Just to share and hope it helps while we are waiting for the so called "Do Not Call" registry to be formed.

(I wonder why the pro-business, pro-telco government wants to implement this registry? Maybe some big shots kena spammed also and they buey tahan. Personally, i find that these spams really reduced our productivity, imho).

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

got any short cut Appl icon on iPhone to dial for your service .... :blink:

I am using an Andriod phone and there are some software to block these calls. I am using the "Call Filter" software which I downloaded for free from Andriod Market Place. So after using this software for a few months, now I have a long list of tele-marketeers' phone numbers. I personally tested this software, very shiok. I add a test number to filter and what happened when I called using this test number was that the call didn't get through at all, no ring tone, no "user busy", no nothing. It is as if that the called number doesn't exist at all!! :D You can also block "Unknown" or "No number" calls.

For SMS, it's also irritating, especially from property agents/developers. (no offense to property agents here). I am using Handcent software for Andriod. So what happens is every time i receive a junk SMS, I will blacklist. So the second time, when SMS comes in from that number again, my phone will not ring at all, though it will still be shown and I have to manually delete the SMS.

Just to share and hope it helps while we are waiting for the so called "Do Not Call" registry to be formed.

(I wonder why the pro-business, pro-telco government wants to implement this registry? Maybe some big shots kena spammed also and they buey tahan. Personally, i find that these spams really reduced our productivity, imho).

i am using Call Blocker on Android..it works la but then still, some agents called using different numbers so u cant filter new number unless u pick up.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

How about instalment payments?

Any freebies? :D

Edited by Yuan

got any short cut Appl icon on iPhone to dial for your service .... :blink:

nope but i am guessing that the number should be 1800-9Coffins

Edited by Jonjees

How about instalment payments?

Any freebies? :D

the best i offer is

buy 1-get 1 free [laugh][laugh][laugh]

the best i offer is

buy 1-get 1 free [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Got warranty bo? 6 months from date of........ or ......., whichever is applicable. [laugh]

Just joking.

Got warranty bo? 6 months from date of........ or ......., whichever is applicable. [laugh]

Just joking.

if u wan, we wai tlor.....bury u togr.....but have to pay more cos need to buy 6 mths of Liquid N2 [:p][:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement