How to People Managed to Drive With Bald Tyres?

Escksu

I just wonder how do they managed to drive around in wet weather with bald tyres? I meant bald to the point where I can't see any threads near the edge of the tyre. On the center only left some faint looking lines. thread wear indicator very visible. Its almost like slicks already.

Cause today just saw a car parked at my office there with such front tyres. I wonder how do they managed?

Edited by Escksu
↡ Advertisement

It's not difficult to spot heavy vehicles with bald tyres. Somtimes, to the extend that they go up in smokes and shredded to bits. Just saw one lorry with front tyre shredded to bits 2 days ago along Jalan Buroh.

Not everyone has the money to change tyres...

Like someone, who is not extremely poor, knows he is quite sick and says he has no money to see the doctor!

Can afford to own & drive a car in Singapore but cannot afford to replace worn out tyres??? [rolleyes]

I just wonder how do they managed to drive around in wet weather with bald tyres? I meant bald to the point where I can't see any threads near the edge of the tyre. On the center only left some faint looking lines. thread wear indicator very visible. Its almost like slicks already.

Cause today just saw a car parked at my office there with such front tyres. I wonder how do they managed?

I think it would be more helpful to that driver and for the safety of other road users to notify him of the condition of tyres of his car and ask him to taking prompt action.

Recently I saw a Mercedes B class and a current model Altis with almost bald front tyres, especially on outer edge. And another vehicle a few days ago. Perhaps their drivers never get tyres rotated. I left a note on windscreen to highlight hazard and urging driver to replace worn tyres promptly as car may skid and braking distance increased greatly, especially on wet roads.

Doing this may actually help our own safety because we may happen to be in the vicinity of such vehicles and our vehicles may suffer co-lateral damage if they skid because the drivers are not aware the tyres are bald.

Neutral Newbie

I always see a W211 Benz E Class parked near my place with almost completely bald rear tires. I think the answer isnt really about whether they have the money to get new tires, but whether they KNOW when to change the tires. Some people arent really educated on cars enough to make that decision by themselves.

I have seen a Volvo S60 and Lexus RX with tyres that I would change long long ago ..... I do not understand, these people can afford such cars and i find it a little hard to believe that they have no $$$$ to change the tires .... are they just ignorance ?

Tires are the contact point on the road and i would not save on safety ...

Maybe some of them thinks that bald tires =F1 tires ...

Edited by Civic6228

I know for a fact that FR cars cannot have blad tires at the rear because they're more prone to spinning. Most people who don't speed very often on FF cars usually don't know when to change their tyres as they usually don't feel any significant loss in traction especially if their car is no where near the 200bhp mark. Some don't change it due to their in ability to make sense of tyre wear or the common no time excuse.

Ppl driving their car with bald tire are either ignorance and don't bother (irresponsible) driver.

They simple don't care what is going to happen next (their live and other). Insurace definitely void in accident for these car.

Never take a ride on their car for your safety sake.

I believe all of us very thankful if you report him to the Authority. That car is not covered by any motor insurance policy. If the car hit you, his Insurer will not compensate you, the insurance policy void by the bald tire. He may not have enough cash flow to compensate you if you sue him. We are the losers. Let us all co-operate and report any such observations to the Authority, to save ourselves from unlicenced drivers driving without insurance coverage. Driving Licence only valid for insured vehicles on the roads.

I ever came across a case way back when there was illegal cases of renting tyres for vehicle inspection. The tyre shop would 'rent' the tyres, usually commercial vehicles for the inspection, after that, the driver would come back to be reunited with his old set of tyres which is 'slick' tyre for racing. Do not know if such practices is on-going. I also had bad experience with the tyre shop, being naive, he sold me old tyres, I did not know how to check on expiry date then. Now I do. :o

Buyers beware, caveat emptor.

I believe all of us very thankful if you report him to the Authority. That car is not covered by any motor insurance policy. If the car hit you, his Insurer will not compensate you, the insurance policy void by the bald tire. He may not have enough cash flow to compensate you if you sue him. We are the losers. Let us all co-operate and report any such observations to the Authority, to save ourselves from unlicenced drivers driving without insurance coverage. Driving Licence only valid for insured vehicles on the roads.

Just to put everybody at ease in such cases, the insurance company is obligated to pay the innocent parties, but will collect back from the guilty parties. This also applies to driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. [:)]

↡ Advertisement