JB car break-ins lately...

Ken4555

lately seem to hear more about car-break ins in JB...

bro's car was broken into and wallet gone from the glove compartment... robber did not take passports and other stuff which were in the glove compartment... no sign of forced entry... just glove compartment was opened and messed up... this happened in no more tyhan 3-4mins... he's a pretty careful guy... i've eaten at Sentosa uncountable times over the years since i was riding... i've seen snatch thieves in action and i was almost a victim myself before... i have dozen frds who have their car been broken into before in MY... but i have never withness a car break-in without forced entry... so wanna find out abit more...

later at the car wash, saw another car but window was smashed... so guy my bro was lucky already... now all the stories i've heard of imobilizers getting the code copied is probably really done very well...

question is, to duplicate a regular car alarm (i can do it myself)... is just the turning of the ignition key a couple of times to reset it... but to copy the alarm code when an owner opens his door, how true is this ah?... any experts with knowledge to share?...

↡ Advertisement

Only lately have more car break-in in JB? I thought always also have many car break-in in JB?! [rolleyes] Break-in better than the whole car got stolen!

i was a victim of break in.. happened on 13 Jan around 5 pm... car was parked in between 2 building. went into shop buy cookies and out less than 5 mins.. car was forced open from the keyhole.. 2 luggage gps camera and a few new shopping bags lost.. was lucky important stuff was with me.. So bros going in JB pls always parked your car within your sight or else u may be the next victim...

bro's car was broken into and wallet gone from the glove compartment... robber did not take passports and other stuff which were in the glove compartment... no sign of forced entry... just glove compartment was opened and messed up... this happened in no more tyhan 3-4mins... he's a pretty careful guy... i've eaten at Sentosa uncountable times over the years since i was riding... i've seen snatch thieves in action and i was almost a victim myself before... i have dozen frds who have their car been broken into before in MY... but i have never withness a car break-in without forced entry... so wanna find out abit more...

later at the car wash, saw another car but window was smashed... so guy my bro was lucky already... now all the stories i've heard of imobilizers getting the code copied is probably really done very well...

question is, to duplicate a regular car alarm (i can do it myself)... is just the turning of the ignition key a couple of times to reset it... but to copy the alarm code when an owner opens his door, how true is this ah?... any experts with knowledge to share?...

what car your bro driving??

so far i went to many 3rd party shops, they are unable to duplicate the immobilizer.(OEM)

alarm yes, immobilizer no.

Car break ins in jb is as common as cars breaking down in sg all along... No such thing as getting more rampant becos all along every night there r about 200 cases in jb alone... There r many professional thieves

Wor TS.. Ur bro is extremely lucky I can say... So long it's a petty theft.. and the car is still around.. lucky... but do ask ur bro to change all door locks and pin no from all banks.. it's better to be safe than sorry..

Bro dun leave the passport and valubles in the car.

if possible try not to leave your sight out of the car also.

i usually go in to eat but park my car within my sight.

consider lucky that he did not take the car and the passports.

Only lately have more car break-in in JB? I thought always also have many car break-in in JB?! [rolleyes] Break-in better than the whole car got stolen!

all along have i know... just that lately i hear more stories than usual...

whole car stolen is better... when the car is in terrible condition and about to scrap.. lol

how come people still leave wallet and passports in glove compartment?

i also leave my passports in my glove compartment if going off for a short while like eating when car is in sight...

for my bro case, buy dvds went inside shop for not even 5mins... i think i would have left my stuff in my car also... but leave valubles on the seats, never... even when driving.. too many traffic light robberies...

i was a victim of break in.. happened on 13 Jan around 5 pm... car was parked in between 2 building. went into shop buy cookies and out less than 5 mins.. car was forced open from the keyhole.. 2 luggage gps camera and a few new shopping bags lost.. was lucky important stuff was with me.. So bros going in JB pls always parked your car within your sight or else u may be the next victim...

so i guess Friday the 13th was a very 'hot' day for the mother fcuking car thieves...

bro yours happened where?.. i know sentosa area the b------ds will even do rounds like 10mins right after their last strike.. syndicates or not i dont know maybe too many off them ard... a ws mech told me got incidents the robbers came back 2nd round and the whole coffeeshop guys jumped on them and kenna whack jia liat jia liat...

what car your bro driving??

so far i went to many 3rd party shops, they are unable to duplicate the immobilizer.(OEM)

alarm yes, immobilizer no.

FD Civic 1.8 from AD...

bro i'm sure the AD can duplicate the immobilizer... if they can, anyone can...

even some conti cars like BMWs... Mercs... where you need to fly in the original key etc... i believe the professional car theives have their ways bah...

Car break ins in jb is as common as cars breaking down in sg all along... No such thing as getting more rampant becos all along every night there r about 200 cases in jb alone... There r many professional thieves

200 cases everynite?... :o where you get your numbers from sia?...

Wor TS.. Ur bro is extremely lucky I can say... So long it's a petty theft.. and the car is still around.. lucky... but do ask ur bro to change all door locks and pin no from all banks.. it's better to be safe than sorry..

cxl every card immediately before going to the car wash...

he was quite heng i would say...

↡ Advertisement