All about mobile phone

Neutral Newbie

Brothers and sisters, was wondering what mobile phone other than Nokia Symbian os has the numeric numberpad T9 for input? Does ios, android or wp have it? Me very used to fingering between the 9 numbers and don't fancy a full keyboard... But Nokia is kind of lacking and slow in browser etc... So wondering what are my options...

↡ Advertisement

Xperia mini, ray has the option for you to use traditional keyboard layout instead of full keyboard, with the option to turn on/off T9 predictive input. Ray is a worthy buy.

Edited by Kangadrool

Brothers and sisters, was wondering what mobile phone other than Nokia Symbian os has the numeric numberpad T9 for input? Does ios, android or wp have it? Me very used to fingering between the 9 numbers and don't fancy a full keyboard... But Nokia is kind of lacking and slow in browser etc... So wondering what are my options...

Any android phone should be able to download loads of keyboard themes to your liking. Attached iphone theme used on my android phone and you can switch between different layouts easily.

post-501-1328326873_thumb.png

post-501-1328326865_thumb.png

For android, Google for "Compact Qwerty Keyboard". fyi, that's a keyboard layout and not referring to a particular keyboard app. Better Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Pro are some keyboard apps i know that provide the compact qwerty keyboard lyaout.

Edited by Happily1986

Neutral Newbie

Can get the Ray for free with Singtel.

But in Android, do I have to do lots of mod or can simply use it as it is?

Is there turn-by-turn navigation like Nokia?

Can get the Ray for free with Singtel.

But in Android, do I have to do lots of mod or can simply use it as it is?

Is there turn-by-turn navigation like Nokia?

There's a 30-day trial version of Wisepilot GPS navigation installed in Xperia.

If for driving use, better get a dedicated GPS like Garmin.

Neutral Newbie

There's a 30-day trial version of Wisepilot GPS navigation installed in Xperia.

If for driving use, better get a dedicated GPS like Garmin.

Getting my free set from Singtel, let's hope the browser does a better job than that of Nokia...

Turn-by-turn navigation is something to solve...

Wonder if I should leave my Nokia phone as a GPS in the car... <_<

Navigation on Android.... can use Sygic (or Aura which seems to be similar0. or perhaps navfone.

What I dislike about Brut is that one needs to have internet connectivity. Not that friendly for overseas usage like Malaysia.

Neutral Newbie

Navigation on Android.... can use Sygic (or Aura which seems to be similar0. or perhaps navfone.

What I dislike about Brut is that one needs to have internet connectivity. Not that friendly for overseas usage like Malaysia.

All these you mentioned are turn-by-turn voice navigation systems for free?

I found something on navigation for android in Singapore.

http://software2tech.com/tag/unlocked-google-maps-singapore/

So this involves hacking the phone?

if you are good in googling for friendly version, look for papago and sygic... i have both on my htc desire and moto razr and every since, my gps unit is collecting dust at home..... it works perfectly and nope, no hacking of hardware or rooting required... just install the apps and it works... [:p]

All these you mentioned are turn-by-turn voice navigation systems for free?

nowadays new smartphone has build in gps hardware and yes, it can work as a gps unit even without a sim card installed .. it's important if u use it overseas cause data roaming will kill u if u use google navigator..... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

if you are good in googling for friendly version, look for papago and sygic... i have both on my htc desire and moto razr and every since, my gps unit is collecting dust at home..... it works perfectly and nope, no hacking of hardware or rooting required... just install the apps and it works... [:p]

Thanks, will check them out. Cheers! :D

The newer versions have map caching, meaning no need Internet. I still use the old version cos somehow the new ones keep force closing on my phone.

Neutral Newbie

The newer versions have map caching, meaning no need Internet. I still use the old version cos somehow the new ones keep force closing on my phone.

You guys got the power user decoded (cracked) version or something for free izit? Can send me the link to look see look see? How to install? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Go to the android market and lookup aptoide.

Thanks, will do that on Tue when I receive the phone.

↡ Advertisement