What is a good running shoes for jogging.

Ace

Hi

I am planning to pick up jogging, can someone suggest wat is a good jogging shoe. Please dont suggest SAF one hor I already got that. But growing old now so need to protect my leg.

↡ Advertisement

Hi

I am planning to pick up jogging, can someone suggest wat is a good jogging shoe. Please dont suggest SAF one hor I already got that. But growing old now so need to protect my leg.

Are you high arch, low arch, or neutral footing?

Most people don't know what type they are, I am sure of it [laugh]

bingo, i am totally clueless on the arch thingy.

bingo, i am totally clueless on the arch thingy.

when u stand up straight barefooted, is there a lot of space between floor and the arch of ur foot? your shoes, after a while, which part of shoe is more worn out?

Neutral Newbie

suggest u go running lab, they can give you good recommendation.

get a heartrate monitor watch too, prevent from overstressing ur heart.

Hi

for starters, SAF shoe is good enough.

proper running technique, forefoot, is more important than good running shoe.

for starters, SAF shoe is good enough.

proper running technique, forefoot, is more important than good running shoe.

That is so true, I run on Kayano, me moderate arch, (btw, I think Ascis makes some of the best running shoes) and even trendmills to give relief to my injured joint but running technique is no 1 to a long lasting running life. Too bad the information/technique came to me a little late, hence a replacement ops looks very likely for me in the next 10 years. [:(]

Edited by Voodooman

There is never nothing wrong with SAF shoes. Cheap or free things don't mean they are no good. X

Cannot swim, want to blame your swimming trucks too tight, is it?

It's your running technique, bro....... If u got wrong technique, give you flying shoes, you still CMI one

Anyway enough of suan-ing. The best is Ascis. Nothing comes close to it. And take note if u running regularly, your shoes Shld only last you 1 year. Then must change, just like our car tyres......

A mid foot strike and newton shoes have allowed me to stay injury free for the past few years. A mid foot or fore foot strike reduces the impact on the knees as the ankles are flexed upon impact and therefore help with the cushioning. However stress on the calves increases so be sure to take it slow if you are changing your running form.

For flat footed pple, the choices are pretty much limited as most running shoes are not catered for it.

Most people don't know what type they are, I am sure of it [laugh]

Asics is my top choice. Go to the marina shopping centre main. They will do an analysis on your foot and recommend the type to go for. Not cheap but worth it. Mine costed me $300+.