Volvo XC90

SLSAMG88

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether there are any Volvo owners here...not just restricted to XC90.

Will you buy a Volvo now, since they are owned by Geely? Any concerns about future quality of services and parts?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Just wondering whether there are any Volvo owners here...not just restricted to XC90.

Will you buy a Volvo now, since they are owned by Geely? Any concerns about future quality of services and parts?

i am a volvo owner.

Yes, will buy (apparantly).

just dont buy jap cars anymore (and cars like koup, wrx etc)

waste your money...

i am a volvo owner.

Yes, will buy (apparantly).

just dont buy jap cars anymore (and cars like koup, wrx etc)

waste your money...

and picanto too................

Turbocharged

if you are thinking of getting XC90, you should siam XC90T6 model.

my colleague sold off his 2year old car due to gear box problem.

Turbocharged

no will not buy volvo, no more prestige anymore

wake up la.....so many things are own by the Chinese.

1 fine day, Mercedes and BMW will also be partially own by the Chinese.

Ok thanks, will check when I am at the showroom.

Was thinking of the Volvo or the Touraeg, but have heard a few bad things about VW, so shifting my attention to other makes.

Aiyoo...GB problem there too? Is it not 5/6 speed Auto?? What is wrong with 50 years old design?

Turbocharged

heard my colleague mentioned T6 is using GM gearbox.

The rest are using the Japan Aisin gearbox.

something like that.

Was thinking of the Volvo or the Touraeg, but have heard a few bad things about VW, so shifting my attention to other makes.

I think the Touareg is a good choice. Get the hybrid ^_^

Well, every AD surely has its own problems; you probably heard more about VW only.

I suppose their service will improve and servicing time will shorten when their 2nd showroom (which does servicing too) opens.

The Touareg's 8speed ZF gearbox should be more reliable than their 7speed DSG counterparts.

I think the volvo pricing is very attractive, so far the service staff reply to us promptly.

I had a Volvo S60 T5 in DXB. Fast car, looked good in its low sports kit and 18" BBS alloys. Comfortable in long drives... I'm talking about a 2200km drive from Dubai to Salalah and back. Stable at high speeds as well.

Trouble though is resale value. Very poor. And servicing costs which are very high. Don't know how the agent here does things but in Dubai, it was expensive for these things.

Pricing here is also too tough to accept... on par or more with the luxury Germans? I feel it should be about 10-15% cheaper than them.

The car is otherwise nicely designed, built well and safe. Doesn't matter if the ultimate owner is Geely.

(edited)

Aiyoo...GB problem there too? Is it not 5/6 speed Auto?? What is wrong with 50 years old design?

No idea. But I had a broken GB with my 5-speed AT as well. But than, I really thrashed that S60 so that could be a reason :D

Edited by Habeebhashim

Have an s40. Love. The new V40 looks great and the s60 is one of my most fav car. Hmm prestige? depends? If you want to let people know you can afford a 200k luxury german car, then this prob will NOT do for you. Volvo in imo is more of an understated car, people (who drives or driven it) know its pretty comfortable and safe and has most tech features of German counterparts. even in singapore the prices are maybe slightly lower only. (what to do? COE what)

Pple will tell you the BMW ultimate driving machine ( yes) Merc (ultimate status machine). audi (INbtw both Machine). Volvo is like the (ultimate under appreciated machine)

Check out this article on motortrend, not saying its perfect but it shed some lights on the compact executive range of cars.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans...dan_comparison/

and volvo s60 came out 2nd!!:)

oh and if you terrible concern about FC or road tax (displacement) your better off with merc or audi mostly 1.8 with turbo. Volvo still uses 2.0 with turbo, givin 240bhp (which is pretty high for its price in sg)

ive seen many many xc90/80 being send in to ws.... due to many many reason that agent ws could not solve ...

u can visit that ws and see for yourself ...at amk autopoint level 3 oppsite BMS

ive seen many many xc90/80 being send in to ws.... due to many many reason that agent ws could not solve ...

u can visit that ws and see for yourself ...at amk autopoint level 3 oppsite BMS

i dont think is cause agent cannot solve. is agent solve but chop you like siao. SM is expensive

↡ Advertisement