Temasek Holdings ...... Piggy Bank broken?

It may be broken. Just look at recent HDB prices, 500K for a 4 room flat and it's BTO not resale mind you. 500K can buy you 10 flats two decades back?

exactly if not how to explain

i thought HDB flat heavy subsidized

if it is true than alot of private developers are loosing alot of money

maybe loosing their pants also

exactly if not how to explain

i thought HDB flat heavy subsidized

if it is true than alot of private developers are loosing alot of money

maybe loosing their pants also

With the sky high property price shouldnt it be tge developers making obscene amount of money.

Please give evidence to support ur comment. I am not against your comment but to have credibility

u need hard evidence or data. And should what u say is true.....then who the fark is actually making

money?

With the sky high property price shouldnt it be tge developers making obscene amount of money.

Please give evidence to support ur comment. I am not against your comment but to have credibility

u need hard evidence or data. And should what u say is true.....then who the fark is actually making

money?

tell me how

HDB dont give breakdown on cost of building hdb except to say

they are heavily subsidized

so i am using that as a baseline

hdb flats 5rm if brought to the nearest whole numbers would cost $600-700K

if these are the building cost as hdb claim

dont forget hdb dont have swimming pool, gym or even tennis or squash courts like private condos

hence with all that throw in together with the land auction cost

private developers must be bleeding especially those in the sub-urban areas

This is not government bashing but I feel HDB is built for citizens, people born and bred in Singapore. It is the cheapest and only way owning a home for 70-80% of the population. Why are they charging exorbitant prices on HDB of all things. Does anyone know 500K (USD400K) can buy a decent 1200 sqf house in LA with your own backyard and front porch? With spare to buy a second hand car?

Increasing COE can be a way of national 'revenue' since owning a car is a need. If it is a want, most likely your company require you to have one and allocate car allowances. Now, almost every part of Singapore are connected by MRT, shouldn't HDB price be more stable??

Government should bear in mind not everyone are earning comfortably here. They can increase taxes of millionaires (helping the society in one way), lower defence expenses and invest safely.

About losses, it is OK. Who can make 100% predictions on investments? Just work double hard and earn it back. If it is more open, Singaporeans will know our country is going through a rough patch and may even go extra mile to work hard to turn over the tide. We're too divided now

Edited by Returnmemymoney

As long as the whole nation is supporting the system and buying up properties like no tomorrow, Singapore will do well.

I only worried about the plateau after the 6.5mil population is reached.

There is ten more years to reap the rewards here.

As long as the whole nation is supporting the system and buying up properties like no tomorrow, Singapore will do well.

I only worried about the plateau after the 6.5mil population is reached.

There is ten more years to reap the rewards here.

After ten years? Reap oxygen?

It is not the way to build a country, earning money from citizens. Do you make money from your own kid? i.e. Ask them to pay rent in your house. We should be focused on how to make money from OTHER countries, sell our technologies, medical advancements, weapons etc.

55 billion lost... 1 billion = 1000 millions, that is 55000 million lost.... SGD 55,000,000,000 of tax payer money lost.... So scary this TH. Really world class when come to losing money. They should go into shorting/selling investment instead

This is not government bashing but I feel HDB is built for citizens, people born and bred in Singapore. It is the cheapest and only way owning a home for 70-80% of the population. Why are they charging exorbitant prices on HDB of all things. Does anyone know 500K (USD400K) can buy a decent 1200 sqf house in LA with your own backyard and front porch? With spare to buy a second hand car?

And you still can have a life [:p]

2008 - lehman brothers crash

2009 - 2010 -> slow and poor recovery due to uncertainty over EZ and japan

2011 - ez debt crisis

2012 - ez debt crisis, usa QE policy risks, japan GDP/debt risks, china's growth slowed due to ez spill over

if this year isn't bad then next year will be

i think temasek's losses are to be expected

cannot be, there must be a pair of steady hands somewhere.

every investor i know of made losses especially during the hot EZ periods

even this week everybody i know are sitting on paper losses

even with a pair of steady hands the best case scenario is to exit without any loss

i think if there is an earth's end, we are not going to be killed by nuclear bombs on a global scale, but by too many people with too little money, and correspondingly people with too much money are just a few...in conclusion, we will die of "MONEY NOT ENOUGH"..

every investor i know of made losses especially during the hot EZ periods

even this week everybody i know are sitting on paper losses

even with a pair of steady hands the best case scenario is to exit without any loss

wah really ah?

Turbocharged

money?

You need to compare past and current land prices and you'll see where the major increase is and who is making the bulk of the increase.

Turbocharged

Wow! So if everyone is making losses then where does the money go to?

I know! Some cute little piggy from the sky dropped down and snatched it all :D

↡ Advertisement