Horrible Accident on NSHW

Jman888

Was reading last night wan bao and saw this news. Please drive with care especially on raining season.

南北大道恐怖车祸 狮城两母子抛车外双亡

车祸地点在马国柔佛州巴莪通往永平的南北大道上。(图/读者提供)
20120408_grl_wrn_msia-accident_img_main.

疑雨天路滑,狮城一家4口和朋友,共5人回国途中,在马国南北大道遇车祸,结果母子2人丧命,其他三人受伤!

事发于昨午5时30分左右,车祸地点在马国柔佛州巴莪通往永平的南北大道上。

死者为莫萍萍(译音,40岁)和长子许展瑞(译音,14岁),都是新加坡人。

《联合晚报》记者探知,莫萍萍一家五口上周五(6日)趁耶稣受难节假期,和朋友等人前往马六甲游玩,准备昨天回国。回家途中,事发车子由丈夫的朋友驾驶,她的丈夫坐在前座,她和两个儿子坐后座。死者另一儿子在另一车上。

完整报道,请翻阅08.04.2012《联合晚报》。

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Why driver speed when visibilities is almost zero with heavy downpour .... [:(]

Almost reaching Singapore leow. Something puzzle me is that why both cars are 1/2 hour apart as reported in today ST when both returning to SG from Malacca?????

Never states which car skidded, either 1st car was speeding & skidded or 2nd car trying to catch up with the first car & skidded... :ph34r:

R.I.P. to the wife and her 14 yrs old son... [angel]

Edited by Picnic06

Almost reaching Singapore leow. Something puzzle me is that why both cars are 1/2 hour apart as reported in today ST when both returning to SG from Malacca?????

Never states which car skidded, either 1st car was speeding & skidded or 2nd car trying to catch up with the first car & skidded... :ph34r:

A lot of drivers are not used to driving in heavy downpour. I believe most drivers would slow down.

For me, i will maintain 90km/h because after 5 - 10km, u r out of the rain zone. That's what happens yesterday.

Not almost reaching singapore, from malacca, pagoh is only 1/3 of the journey. regardless if they were the car in front or behind, but i guess the one behind tend to catch up by going faster.

remember to fasten seat belt for back passengers.

A lot of drivers are not used to driving in heavy downpour. I believe most drivers would slow down.

For me, i will maintain 90km/h because after 5 - 10km, u r out of the rain zone. That's what happens yesterday.

understand the car and road condition are important, only surprise that the driver is actually a friend but driving another family, i would not speed if the whole car was not related to me :huh:

It is puzzling why speed if can not see? Why not stop alomg road shoulder if can not see?

I believe more likely such drivers got mild night-blindness. Can not see properly with poorer than normal visliblility (even with headlights on).

Wonder if the cars are well maintained?

Very sad to lost lives just like that. [shakehead]

I wonder if anyone/workshop here involve in performing check on roadworthiness for NSH?

• Praise 2

(edited)

R.I.P to the mother and child..this might serve as a reminder to those who asked why other drivers slowed down during rain

Edited by Darthrevan

Turbocharged

Driving on johore roads is already challenging enough, not to mention with heavy downpour thrown in.

I was in such situation once, and it really took some concentration to keep on driving, even at slower speed. Overtaking is pretty much out of the question.

Turbocharged

understand the car and road condition are important, only surprise that the driver is actually a friend but driving another family, i would not speed if the whole car was not related to me :huh:

Sometimes it's because the family is not familiar with the roads, or the key member (driver) is not around for the trip, so ask a relative or friend going along to do the driving.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Alot of SG plate drivers love to drive outer lanes during heavy rains and travelling at speed of 80 - 90km, when a faster vehicles comes by and blink at them, these slower sg plate cars will move to left lane without seeing if there are oncoming traffics or not. Thats usually where the accidents come in. Personally i witness 2 horrifying accidents due to this cause. 1) a Lancer overturned (not sure if anyone is injured. 2) a Honda city turned into a prata (flattened).

For those whom prefers driving slower than average people, please stick to left lane at all times to avoid cutting of lanes, that what all the rest of the MY plate cars are doing anyway.

Edited by Maka

when heavy downpour in NSE, please keep to the left lane, and when poor visibility, go slow.....

i've seen many SG cars go at about 100 even heavy rain....

• Praise 1

Jus returning on the same day as accident but was ahead of them

Seen afew packs of slow moving cars jamming up lane 1

Majority are sg cars....

Y can't singaporeans move to left if not over taking????

Terrible

N ya yesterday was pouring

Visibility was poor

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

In heavy rain on the NS I tend to stick to middle lane, on hazard lights, and if possible follow another car that is travelling at a speed I am comfortable with.

Many reasons -

1. Left lane got lorries, not all have good lights etc

2. Right lane - cars going faster than me

3. By following another car I feel that it is a bit safer - is easier to see their lights than the road, and let them hit any obstacles first :-)

Neutral Newbie

Jus returning on the same day as accident but was ahead of them

Seen afew packs of slow moving cars jamming up lane 1

Majority are sg cars....

Y can't singaporeans move to left if not over taking????

Terrible

N ya yesterday was pouring

Visibility was poor

They will move if u high beam them and horn at them usually. Some just hogs there though.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

In heavy rain on the NS I tend to stick to middle lane, on hazard lights, and if possible follow another car that is travelling at a speed I am comfortable with.

Many reasons -

1. Left lane got lorries, not all have good lights etc

2. Right lane - cars going faster than me

3. By following another car I feel that it is a bit safer - is easier to see their lights than the road, and let them hit any obstacles first :-)

Only near RnR will have 3 lanes. Mostly is 2 lane traffic. Will u take left lane or lane 1?

I know it well cos i go KL every 2 weeks.

Edited by Maka
↡ Advertisement