The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

anyone thinks JPM is a good stock to get now?

Nah stay off those greedy banks for now the whole Europe and USA banking system is sick....

Asia stock is a better bet I think ^_^

SIGH ... I really don't know what to think anymore!

Should I buy a house or should I wait? Mixed signals from the market ...

What do I think? I think the market is extremely sick ... Euro is particularly the weak with only Germany holding them afloat! When (not IF) Greece leaves the Euros ... what will happen to their economy? Who will trade with them? Civil unrest spreads ... society is unstable ... spreads to Spain then Italy etc etc.

China is the unknown entity ...

Singapore is slightly unusual ... our current state is unusual ... although the talk is that we are quite dependent on Europe and may face a downturn if Europe goes into recession. Outsiders still see us as a good bet ie safe politically and therefore their assets apart from some exchange rate fluctuations is fairly safe being parked in Singapore.

So we have lots of money flowing in to the detriment of Singaporeans as we cannot afford cars or houses! I am certain we will get frustrated. However, to what extent will we vent our frustrations?

(edited)

anyone thinks JPM is a good stock to get now?

no... its downtrend for JPM... another 'lehman brothers' :)

Edited by Itsec
  • Praise 1

What types of stock are suitable for a timeframe of 2-3 years.

Is Reits, Smrt, ST engrg suitable?

U sound like a conservative investor to me.... hmmm those u mention I didn't research B4 maybe some of those bluechip companies maybe suitable for u? Nowadays not really suitable for long term holding of stocks but I got 1 counter which I hold and find good for the medium term that is StarHub with decent dividend and historically teleco are relatively gd defensive stock in uncertain times which I think we are in now. But be cautious as STI is now on a high which is a better time to sell than to hold?

Just my 2cents ^_^

U sound like a conservative investor to me.... hmmm those u mention I didn't research B4 maybe some of those bluechip companies maybe suitable for u? Nowadays not really suitable for long term holding of stocks but I got 1 counter which I hold and find good for the medium term that is StarHub with decent dividend and historically teleco are relatively gd defensive stock in uncertain times which I think we are in now. But be cautious as STI is now on a high which is a better time to sell than to hold?

Just my 2cents ^_^

Have to start off somewhere. Better then keeping money in the bank. I have no knowledge so conservative is better for me. plus I cannot spare the time to be constantly on the lookout. So looking at stuff i can buy and ignore and maybe look at it once a month :P 2-3 year is considered medium term?

I'm also looking for something that is very long term to put coffin money in, buy and ignore for 20-30years, this one looking just to beat inflation can liao.

My advice is never try to time the market. Still have to stay vested and at the same time with cash to take opportunities if dip do occurs. This will help to hedge against market turns. And if it turns usually most people normally missed the initial turn of 30 - 50% gains from bottom.

• Praise 1

look at the trendline set from 50 years of DJA

What did you see? I use this as guide, so far this trendline is very good support in pass 50 years, even 2009 and the recent..u will see a v strong rebounce

hope it set as a signal to buy during any bounce or reversal

btw i set as weekly

post-11259-1342310186_thumb.jpg

look at the trendline set from 50 years of DJA

What did you see? I use this as guide, so far this trendline is very good support in pass 50 years, even 2009 and the recent..u will see a v strong rebounce

hope it set as a signal to buy during any bounce or reversal

btw i set as weekly

Hmmm....seems like a reversal is overdue? Bro u are gd in charts leh can be my Shifu? Always wanted to learn more about charts...very useful tool ^_^

(edited)

i not v good at chart ,just rely on program more..hahaha

this chart is eg of trendline for 50 years,not now de ,just show the dipping point

but i prefer trend play,volume price action better than TA...

just like how this chart ,bouncing reversal with volume and price action..more effectively as it will u more on the counter instantly than TA

Edited by Freestylers09

(edited)

i not v good at chart ,just rely on program more..hahaha

this chart is eg of trendline for 50 years,not now de ,just show the dipping point

but i prefer trend play,volume price action better than TA...

just like how this chart ,bouncing reversal with volume and price action..more effectively as it will u more on the counter instantly than TA

Ya bro I like to watch out for vol price also...if got chart to supplement also gd the overall market trend also a factor to consider into ^_^

Edited by Fri13th

Have to start off somewhere. Better then keeping money in the bank. I have no knowledge so conservative is better for me. plus I cannot spare the time to be constantly on the lookout. So looking at stuff i can buy and ignore and maybe look at it once a month :P 2-3 year is considered medium term?

I'm also looking for something that is very long term to put coffin money in, buy and ignore for 20-30years, this one looking just to beat inflation can liao.

Reits looks pretty ideal for ur case? I browse thru just now and find suntec REIT and cambridge REIT not bad....trading at attractive price which is under NAV and dividend of about 7%..... But market like very toppish now so maybe wait awhile for a better entry price?

↡ Advertisement