Cyclist Problem

Lsflsf

(edited)

Hi do anyone of you fell that the "Share the road 1.5m" is b-------t? Sick and tired of seeing cyclist cycling on the road and even expressway on nicholl highway before kpe entrance when they can use the pavement

They simply cycle in the left lane forcing cars to drift out of the left lane to siam them, some even more funny in the middle of the freaking lane, and some simply cycle left to right without even checking safety, endangering themself and the cars that siam them.

Why ah, why LTA approve these cyclist with no number plate, no road tax, no regard of safety? sometimes at night other places i can see cyclist in a group of maybe 10 occupying lane 2 and 3, forcing vehicle to drive on lane 1, their ah gong owns the road? TP bike ride past also bo chup maybe because they have helmets and cycling gears on... like that means can endanger themself and us???

Must really wait till someone get killed then take action? i can understand cycling as a hobby but can do it in a safe place so u can go home safely to your loved ones and we can also??

Edited by Lsflsf
↡ Advertisement

They are not suppose to use the pavement...and whats wrong with giving them 1.5m when u overtake them? I am sure u give bikers allowance when u overtake them too... :)

Hi do anyone of you fell that the "Share the road 1.5m" is b-------t? Sick and tired of seeing cyclist cycling on the road and even expressway on nicholl highway before kpe entrance when they can use the pavement

They simply cycle in the left lane forcing cars to drift out of the left lane to siam them, some even more funny in the middle of the freaking lane, and some simply cycle left to right without even checking safety, endangering themself and the cars that siam them.

Why ah, why LTA approve these cyclist with no number plate, no road tax, no regard of safety? sometimes at night other places i can see cyclist in a group of maybe 10 occupying lane 2 and 3, forcing vehicle to drive on lane 1, their ah gong owns the road? TP bike ride past also bo chup maybe because they have helmets and cycling gears on... like that means can endanger themself and us???

Must really wait till someone get killed then take action? i can understand cycling as a hobby but can do it in a safe place so u can go home safely to your loved ones and we can also??

Bro is very normal lah you try driving along Kranji road on weekend. Big group of angmo occupying the whole road and won't way. What can we do

Cyclist using d pavement is much safer as the most serious injury result from an accident would not b fatal bt sharing d road wif us means Death for both parties..LTA should revise d regulation..

They are not suppose to use the pavement...and whats wrong with giving them 1.5m when u overtake them? I am sure u give bikers allowance when u overtake them too... :)

Nothing is wrong? this is just purely dangerous. 1.5m on a nicoll highway with other cars traveling mostly in 80-90km/hr, that 1.5m u siam can means an accident with the car beside u, not dangerous enough?

Small small road u want cycle on road ok, but it is a freaking expressway!!! not only nicholl highway, shears bridge or nearby also the same... stressful lei to drive like that, i scared knock down the cyclist, i kena jail, or knock the vehicle at my side and kena claim...

Cyclist should take license,pay road tax,coe,erp n parking den share d road wif us..

so at the end of the day....one is just being sore that they dont need to pay? :P

• Praise 1

Nothing is wrong? this is just purely dangerous. 1.5m on a nicoll highway with other cars traveling mostly in 80-90km/hr, that 1.5m u siam can means an accident with the car beside u, not dangerous enough?

Small small road u want cycle on road ok, but it is a freaking expressway!!! not only nicholl highway, shears bridge or nearby also the same... stressful lei to drive like that, i scared knock down the cyclist, i kena jail, or knock the vehicle at my side and kena claim...

I do understand that they are not suppose to be riding on expressway....but i m not sure if Nicoll constitutes as an expressway...if it is...dan obviously the biker is at fault...

Erm...if the 1.5m will result in an accident with another vehicle on the other lane...dan its the driver fault rite? For not slowing down and checking his mirror before doing a lane change.

i m both a cyclist and driver....rides a roadie and its almost impossible for us to ride on pavement at 30-40km/hr....

At the end of the day...i believe if everyone is courteous enough to give way and watch out for one another...most things should be fine...Alot of drivers have the mentality that i pay this n that, they dont, so why should i share the road with them....read the sentence and one will realise that its all about the word I...

How about if the cyclist will to go onto the pavement n cycle at 30km/hr...knock into a granny/kid...likewise both will suffer serious injury....than we will come n say...wth is the cyclist going so fast on a pavement?!

(edited)

I do understand that they are not suppose to be riding on expressway....but i m not sure if Nicoll constitutes as an expressway...if it is...dan obviously the biker is at fault...

Erm...if the 1.5m will result in an accident with another vehicle on the other lane...dan its the driver fault rite? For not slowing down and checking his mirror before doing a lane change.

i m both a cyclist and driver....rides a roadie and its almost impossible for us to ride on pavement at 30-40km/hr....

nicholl still not considered xpressway? 80km/hr speed limit lei... bicycle can hit 80 or not? if no then will be retarding the flow of traffice lei. 1.5m clearance? the if he cycle 500m away from the side kerb then i give him 1.5m then 2m away my car 2 wheels on next lane le

so lets assume that the driver slow down and drive slowly behind the bicycle and try to get a chance to change lane to siam the rider when the next line is full of cars speeding at 80km/hr, a que definately will form behind his car then ppl will start to recklessly force their way into another lane just to siam this car that is trying to change out of the left lane, isnt this creating more opportunities for a accident to happen??

Now what i am trying to say that these cyclist put their lives and others lives in danger when they can simply cycle on a proper track and be safe enough to go back to their loved ones.

Cycling on pavement hit children and old grannies at 30km/hr, bro, if you are really going to travel that fast why dont go to a proper cycling track so u wont endanger anyone life at all... thats no excuse at all to not cycle at pavement :)

Edited by Lsflsf

Cycling is a hobby a passion i can understand but just like racing, you have to do it in the right place. thats my POV :)

(edited)

nicholl still not considered xpressway? 80km/hr speed limit lei... bicycle can hit 80 or not? if no then will be retarding the flow of traffice lei. 1.5m clearance? the if he cycle 500m away from the side kerb then i give him 1.5m then 2m away my car 2 wheels on next lane le

so lets assume that the driver slow down and drive slowly behind the bicycle and try to get a chance to change lane to siam the rider when the next line is full of cars speeding at 80km/hr, a que definately will form behind his car then ppl will start to recklessly force their way into another lane just to siam this car that is trying to change out of the left lane, isnt this creating more opportunities for a accident to happen??

Now what i am trying to say that these cyclist put their lives and others lives in danger when they can simply cycle on a proper track and be safe enough to go back to their loved ones.

80km/hr doesnt consitute an expressway...anyway i did mention that i do not know if Nicoll is consider an expressway, if it is, i do agree that the rider is at fault.... [;)]

Thats why i say...at the end of the day...its just being courteous and giving way to one another....Just take the cyclist as another vehicle on the road and overtake it safely...wont that makes everyone's day better?

Given our road infrastructure...its almost impossible to have another lane for the cyclist....and likewise in land scare Singapore....the government wont be able to sacrifice 30km or road for a cycling track...

Proper cycling track, i will assume that you are refering to PCN..there are pple walking, jogging etc on it too, isnt that so? So we are also running the risk of knocking pple down...i dont talk abt 30km/hr...even at 15km/hr...i m sure there will be injury...

At the end of the day, if cyclists and pedestrains are suppose to live in harmony on PCN tracks...i seriously do not understand why motorist and cyclists are not able to give into one another on the road...

Peace...i m not trying to argue that cyclists are right to cycle on the road and that they are 100% not at faults...i m just trying to stress that life will be so much better for everyone if we can give in just a little bit to one another...

Edited by Dirtbike

Generally I'll not have a pro wit cyclist till they start cycling side by side n take up even lane 2 at times. Eva once in bke exit n enter Sungei kadut, single lane only, lots of heavy vehicle traveling.. Ppl still cycle at such area. It might be gd if they contribute rd tax as well n maybe lta might extend our road and have lanes specially design for them...

I always give way to them, even at Lornie road where all the lanes are narrow, I still make effort to give way, of course I will eat into the lane on my right but I make sure there are no cars on my right back before I do that.

Of course I will also argue them to avoid cycling on those "crowded rush hour" road unless it's weekend due to too many selfish drivers that only care about their time and money and not others life.

80km/hr doesnt consitute an expressway...anyway i did mention that i do not know if Nicoll is consider an expressway, if it is, i do agree that the rider is at fault.... [;)]

Thats why i say...at the end of the day...its just being courteous and giving way to one another....Just take the cyclist as another vehicle on the road and overtake it safely...wont that makes everyone's day better?

Given our road infrastructure...its almost impossible to have another lane for the cyclist....and likewise in land scare Singapore....the government wont be able to sacrifice 30km or road for a cycling track...

Proper cycling track, i will assume that you are refering to PCN..there are pple walking, jogging etc on it too, isnt that so? So we are also running the risk of knocking pple down...i dont talk abt 30km/hr...even at 15km/hr...i m sure there will be injury...

At the end of the day, if cyclists and pedestrains are suppose to live in harmony on PCN tracks...i seriously do not understand why motorist and cyclists are not able to give into one another on the road...

Peace...i m not trying to argue that cyclists are right to cycle on the road and that they are 100% not at faults...i m just trying to stress that life will be so much better for everyone if we can give in just a little bit to one another...

U should really try driving on nicholl highway 7-9pm then u will know what i mean, have cycling track or not is not really a part of garmen problem. like this u are also saying that singapore no race track so we should just race each other on expressway or what, no choice ma no race track so u cant blame me for going 170km/hr on a 90 expressway. same logic applies to cyclist ma unless my point of view is totally distorted :)

U should really try driving on nicholl highway 7-9pm then u will know what i mean, have cycling track or not is not really a part of garmen problem. like this u are also saying that singapore no race track so we should just race each other on expressway or what, no choice ma no race track so u cant blame me for going 170km/hr on a 90 expressway. same logic applies to cyclist ma unless my point of view is totally distorted :)

Racing is illegal....

Cycling is not...

Hope i clear your doubt....

If at the end of the day...its all about speed speed speed....than life is so stressful...isnt that so?

I can run 10km under 50mins...i go to the PCN...there are tons of runners slower than me....m i going to tell them to stay at home or run at other place? :)

↡ Advertisement