Another Conman Spotted...'Gifted' private tutor told by MOE

Watwheels

...to stop lying. [laugh]

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/...729-362053.html

post-18163-1343571062_thumb.jpg

AsiaOne

Sunday, Jul 29, 2012

SINGAPORE - Mr Kelvin Ong Wee Loong, the founder of AristoCare centre, charges a whopping $250 per lesson for parents of primary school students looking to clinch a place in the coveted Gifted Education Programme (GEP).

GEP is a highly selective academic programme in Singapore, designed to identify the top 1 per cent of students from each academic year.

On his website, the 36-year-old claimed he was previously from Clementi Town Primary before being admitted to Anglo-Chinese School's (Primary) GEP in Primary 4.

He further stated that he went on to attend Anglo-Chinese Junior College and the National University of Singapore, before becoming a teacher in the GEP programme at his alma mater.

However, checks by the Ministry of Education (MOE) revealed that Mr Ong was neither ever a pupil nor teacher in the programme, The Sunday Times reported (SUT)

He is not even a qualified teacher, and according to ACS (Primary), not even a student of the school.

MOE was alerted to the claims when SUT ran a report on parents sending children for costly tuition, where Mr Ong was featured as a highly sought after tutor.

In response to the revelations, Mr Ong said it was his mother who told him that he was from the gifted programme and he could not verify it because he does not have the records from the past.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] Knn, he himself dunno wan meh? What kinda lousy liar is this?

He has since cleaned up his website and now claims that he was a relief teacher at ACS (Primary) from 2002 to 2003 and 'helped out' with the gifted classes. [laugh] Lobang pichar still want to lie somemore.

However, this too is being disputed by the ACS (Primary), which said that a check with all its long-serving teachers revealed that there was never a Kelvin Ong who taught there as a relief teacher.

This is not the first time Mr Ong has faced allegations of misleading claims.

Two parents have asked him to remove positive testimonials supposedly written by their children, saying that their children never wrote them.

In 2010, Mr Ong also got into hot water with MOE for selling fake 2009 GEP Screening and Selection Test papers.

[email protected]

Who bring their children to this fark dup centre? I wonder why MOE do not shut down his centre and blacklist the liar. Should sent him to jail for fraud. [mad]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Kelvin Ong Wee Loong, the not so gifted liar who got his lobang pichar by MOE. :D

Tsk tsk, Kelvin ah the records dun lie, pls stop cheating the poor parents they are already damn stressed.

When there is demand , there will be supply. no thanks to the education system in Singapore and kiasu parents .

• Praise 2

It doesn't help that all schools now have banners hanging outside their compounds with all the bragging rights.

Education should just go back to basics.

When there is demand , there will be supply. no thanks to the education system in Singapore and kiasu parents .

Agree. There're conmen and there're people willing to get conned.

People still believe A.Khoo

People still believe Sunshine Empire

People still believe KH Fatt Choy

Not surprising that people (especially desperate) will buy this gifted nonsense.

• Praise 1

Good thread.. Heng wife sec sch teacher..

Save $$ for "extra tuition" for my kids.

Wat an ass, handpicked his students? Omg this guy muz b super popular.

Pick those gd students sure got good results & most prob not due to his ability.

• Praise 1

Agree. There're conmen and there're people willing to get conned.

People still believe A.Khoo

People still believe Sunshine Empire

People still believe KH Fatt Choy

Not surprising that people (especially desperate) will buy this gifted nonsense.

what to do , fools will be fools

Totally hilarious that he blamed his mom for misleading him to think that he was a gep kid. :blink:

Either he's really gullible or just plain stupid

• Praise 1

most parents think that,

expensive = good

and they cannot accept the fact that their kids IQ are normal.

i have colleague who tell me proudly the large number of extra lessons he sent his daughter on every weekends, ballet, piano, language drama, maths etc.

when i ask him whether his daughter really enjoy them, my colleague still can retort me that his daughter is vey fortunate to be able to attend all these extra classes when he himself aren't able to when he was young.

• Praise 1