Singapore has the world

Darthrevan

That's a statement not a question for a reason. It's true. Singaporean taxi drivers are the world's worst. I love living in Singapore but the one thing that winds me up no end is taxi drivers lack of ability to do their basic job, take me from point a to point b.

First question they always ask when you get in a cab, which way do you want to go. Now they don't ask this as they do in other countries where they may be asking for the choice of directions that the customer wants to go.

No, in Singapore they ask because they have no idea how to get to the destination. If I hear one more time, "I'm new, I don't know the way" when getting in a cab I will scream. My response is twofold 1) you're not new to Singapore you have lived here all your life and 2) it's your bloody job to know the way!

If someone came to me in my marketing job and said I would like some marketing advice please and I then turned around and said well what do you think because I haven't got a clue, what would happen? The client would walk out and not pay me. In a Singapore taxi this happens 75% of every one of my journeys.

There is no excuse. Newness to the roll is pathetic. They are not new to Singapore, they must know the way. If they do not why are they taking up a job as a taxi driver?

Source: http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistics/comm...st-taxi-drivers

Video @ RazorTV: http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/m...news/80986.html

↡ Advertisement

Erm, many of them can't even drive properly?

Countless times I've seen them straddle lanes, or even, go against traffic flow in car parks.

some time they choose another way, the passenger will say the other route is nearer why dun take that route, did the cab driver trying to take him to holland!

If they pick up tourist, i believe they won't ask the tourist which route they wish to take.

Taxi driver overall not that bad lah!

Turbocharged

The title should change to "Singapore got the Worst Taxi Passenger"... [laugh][:p]

Singapore taxi driver probably only one of those few in the world that kena bully by passenger and not the other round.... kena owe $$$, kena bash, kena swear at.....

Other country, the taxi driver rob, rape and kill the passenger.... [rolleyes]

Hypersonic

Obviously that guy has not taken taxi in other countries. I took a taxi in London. Supposed to be short trip costing about 5pounds. The driver was swearing and cursing about how unhappy he was to have taken me. He took a very long way and ended up the trip was 20pounds. I dare not say anything cos he was very big size. I'm just a short asian who is easy meat for him. [bigcry]

Obviously that guy has not taken taxi in other countries. I took a taxi in London. Supposed to be short trip costing about 5pounds. The driver was swearing and cursing about how unhappy he was to have taken me. He took a very long way and ended up the trip was 20pounds. I dare not say anything cos he was very big size. I'm just a short asian who is easy meat for him. [bigcry]

the ang mo get angry and complaint cos he can't get a cab during peak hour in CBD and the phone cannot get throught? :huh: :huh:

wuss

Hypersonic

the ang mo get angry and complaint cos he can't get a cab during peak hour in CBD and the phone cannot get throught? :huh: :huh:

No lah. Afternoon time. Just had lunch with a friend at a restaurant and wanted to go back to hotel. Took the cab and he kpkb all the way. I diam diam dare not say a single word [:(]

Having taken taxis in few other countries, I would say our taxi drivers are the best (except for their driving habit). Short distance - no problem and most of them are quite friendly. I guess they ask the route because we (the passengers) confront for even small things here. No money to pay taxi - punch the driver, not in good mood - abuse the driver etc and simply walk away after that - where these are possible? No where!

i only can say 20% of sg are nice poeple, the rest 80% are worst of all kinds.

which one do you belong to? 20% or 80% :huh:

wuss

U quite stout n strong-looking so maybe u not scared lah.

If it's me I also balls shrink...in a foreign land n also, those Pakistani taxi drivers maybe very inspired by Bollywood fighting skills lol

U quite stout n strong-looking so maybe u not scared lah.

If it's me I also balls shrink...in a foreign land n also, those Pakistani taxi drivers maybe very inspired by Bollywood fighting skills lol

haha , i not scared if they look strong but i scared if they pull out a gun

Turbocharged

Having taken taxis in few other countries, I would say our taxi drivers are the best (except for their driving habit). Short distance - no problem and most of them are quite friendly. I guess they ask the route because we (the passengers) confront for even small things here. No money to pay taxi - punch the driver, not in good mood - abuse the driver etc and simply walk away after that - where these are possible? No where!

Taxi Driver here ask for the route as they are advise to by the company to do so.... not that they do not know the route.... (not saying all do, some new birdie really dont)..... it is good as this will minimise misunderstanding.....

But of course some cb passenger will take it as.... WTF, you taxi driver you should know the way, why ask me for the route to take.... then if dont ask, nbzz cb, why you take route A and not route B... despite in certain instance, the route taken by the taxi driver is indeed shorter.....

Think very few country can allow the passenger to abuse the taxi driver this way......

There are of course some black sheep taxi driver out there that ought to have their licence kantong.... [rolleyes]

I always felt that these cabbies ask u for directions not becoz they dun know but rather to suss out the passenger to see if they are familiar wif the route. If passenger blur-blur, they'll prob ketok n take the longest and more expensive route.

I usually juz tell them, take the cheapest route.

Apart from the reckless driving which can be annoying (both as a passenger and a fellow road user), and the fact that it's difficult to get a taxi at certain places or that they're quite choosy and often ask where you want to go, I find Singapore taxi drivers quite all right. There are worse taxi drivers in many other places.

↡ Advertisement