After market Auto-off headlights

Silklee

Is there any after market device that does auto-off for headlights? Ie, the headlights will go off on its own once the engine is off.

I got a "phobia" since encounteering a dead battery after forgetting to off the headlights when I rushed my girl to KKH A&E. Rushed off from the car and came back 2.5 hours later to realise that the battery is kaput!

↡ Advertisement

Actually sometimes, just simple wiring (if you're good at it) can solve the problem.

One easy way is when your radio or clock has no power going through it (because the engine is off and key is out), then you can create an open circuit in the headlights also. So once you off the car, the radio, clock and headlights will all off at the same time.

No need for any light sensors but when you return to your car and start the engine, the headlights will still be on unless you manually switch it off.

That's a low tech way of solving the problem.

Actually sometimes, just simple wiring (if you're good at it) can solve the problem.

One easy way is when your radio or clock has no power going through it (because the engine is off and key is out), then you can create an open circuit in the headlights also. So once you off the car, the radio, clock and headlights will all off at the same time.

No need for any light sensors but when you return to your car and start the engine, the headlights will still be on unless you manually switch it off.

That's a low tech way of solving the problem.

Afternoon how? Drive with headlights on? Need to have a sensor to determine the brightness of the surrounding.

If i did not off the headlight, my car will make a warning sound whenever i pull out the key and will not stop untill I turn off the head light.

If i did not off the headlight, my car will make a warning sound whenever i pull out the key and will not stop untill I turn off the head light.

Mine does too. However when I am in a hurry, I can't hear that sound. And when the doors are open, there is a seperate louder sound.

Turbocharged

mine also auto off. only if doors/window open, it will beep. otherwise, once i kill the engine, lights will auto off.

nowadays most car will auto cut off right? at least those conti ones would.

Hyundai have this feature for many years now... ^_^

My got auto on off, so turn to auto loh..1st light bulb change 2 times [bigcry]

Now I do it manually, light bulb haven't need to change yet :D

Oops.. I so far leave it in auto all the way le.. [knife] [knife]

My got auto on off, so turn to auto loh..1st light bulb change 2 times [bigcry]

Now I do it manually, light bulb haven't need to change yet :D

This is because you go below any flyover,the lights will switch on for a few secs & then off again,on/off..on/off,for a few km,esp along PIE that's why the bulbs don't lasts.

This is because you go below any flyover,the lights will switch on for a few secs & then off again,on/off..on/off,for a few km,esp along PIE that's why the bulbs don't lasts.

wah u smart lei..me always go under flyover then always on/off on/off..