Can RC membership scare Polis?

Ahtong

im_from_the_rc_woman_tells_police_officer_attending-thumbnail.jpg

A woman told a police officer she was a Residents' Committee (RC) member when she went to the scene of fight involving her brother.

STOMPer FrommeArcee wonders if the woman thought she would get 'special treatment' by saying that she was an RC member.

Said the STOMPer:

"A woman's brother (in black shirt and pants) was involved in a fight with two shopkeepers in their 50s, one of them a woman, over a return of a toilet seat purchase.

"She (the woman in blue dress) arrived after the Police did and immediately proclaimed to the police officer twice that she was from the RC while pointing to the direction she came from.

"Makes me wonder whether grassroots leaders are given special treatment when they or their relatives and friends get into trouble with the law.

"The GRC in which the incident took place is Tampines which is helmed by well-loved and highly respected MPs and I think by her actions, she had brought disrepute to them if she, is in fact really a grassroots leader."

↡ Advertisement

Big fark man, RC member so what, her family can set fire and murder people with no consequences?

Have seen my RC members ABUSE this status as if they are ABOVE the law. Time for the government

to step in a put a stop to this stupid abuse. RC are to SERVE the community, and not the community SERVE THEM!

Wake the fark up. <_<

this is worse! old woman marnie also dare to take! heaven got eyes!!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...-theft-20121031

20121101.124523_st_exrcchair.jpg

Ex-RC chairman jailed for theft

She used ATM card entrusted to her by elderly neighbour to steal $26,000. -ST

Elena Chong

Sat, Nov 03, 2012

The Straits Times

Lee Shwu Huah, 47, who made full restitution, was jailed for four weeks.

A grassroots volunteer who stole $26,000 from her elderly neighbour's POSB savings account was jailed for four weeks yesterday.

Lee Shwu Huah, then chairman of the Kampong Glam Selegie Residents' Committee (RC), pleaded guilty in September to three charges of stealing $1,000 each from Madam Agatha Au Que Yin, 81, in April.

Twenty-three other similar charges were considered during her sentencing.

The court heard that the 47-year-old woman accompanied Madam Au, who is illiterate and suffers from amnesia, to DBS Bank's Rochor branch on April 11 to apply for an ATM card.

Madam Au handed the ATM card to Lee for safekeeping.

Half an hour later, Lee withdrew $1,000 twice from the ATM at Burlington Square in Bencoolen Street. The next morning, she withdrew another $1,000.

The bank notified Madam Au on May 3 that several withdrawals - totalling $26,000 - were made from her savings account between April 11 and April 27.

The victim subsequently made a police report.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Grace Lim had earlier submitted that the victim had grown to trust Lee, who had previously helped her.

She said that after the first withdrawal, Lee went on to withdraw the maximum allowable amount each day, almost every day, for the next 16 days.

"She was systematically depleting the victim's bank account. This shows the degree of planning and premeditation that had gone into the commission of the offences," she said.

Lee was well aware of her neighbour's vulnerabilities and deliberately preyed on her.

District Judge Christopher Goh agreed with the DPP that such offences were generally hard to detect.

"In this case, if the bank had not contacted the victim, perhaps the offence or offences may not have come to light.

"The amount which was withdrawn - $26,000 - is by no means a small sum," he said, noting that it "could have represented a large amount in terms of the victim's savings".

He said the usual sentence for committing theft of money was three months' jail but, having considered the mitigating factors, he agreed that the global range would be four to eight weeks and he was inclined to impose the lower end of the scale.

Defence lawyer Brown Anthony Pereira said full restitution had been made and that the victim had forgiven his client, who had been an active community worker for many years.

He said Lee, a mother of two, had been very traumatised over the incident and did not understand why she took the money, which was kept in a box below her bed.

Lee could have been jailed for up to three years and/or fined on each charge.

[email protected]

Big fark man, RC member so what, her family can set fire and murder people with no consequences?

Have seen my RC members ABUSE this status as if they are ABOVE the law. Time for the government

to step in a put a stop to this stupid abuse. RC are to SERVE the community, and not the community SERVE THEM!

Wake the fark up. <_<

sadly those ppl now aday join RC is for the community to serve them one. [mad]

• Praise 1

RC/Grassroots have all the while been spawning the idea that its membership comes with privileges.

it is thus not surprising that many who joined are doing so to promote their vested interests.

other than putting on a good show

when MPs are coming to visit

what else do they do?

[rolleyes]

they use our money organise event and allow us to participats at a cost while they are fully subsidise?? [confused]

RC/Grassroots have all the while been spawning the idea that its membership comes with privileges.

it is thus not surprising that many who joined are doing so to promote their vested interests.

Agree!!

Is entrenched oreddy.

As to whether got "special privilege" - every meeting of the RC one of the senior from the NPP come and give report, so all RC member will know him one. I think she was trying to assert "respectability" to police rather than ask special treatment.

But anyway, is hardly the fault of the police or the RC if she is stewpid.

they think they local gangsters? quote i m from RC can get special privilege?

at least RC got a bit of special privilege, you dare to mention you from 369 in front of the police? [laugh]

Agree!!

Is entrenched oreddy.

As to whether got "special privilege" - every meeting of the RC one of the senior from the NPP come and give report, so all RC member will know him one. I think she was trying to assert "respectability" to police rather than ask special treatment.

But anyway, is hardly the fault of the police or the RC if she is stewpid.

some fault ought to be attributed to pap for always telling voters that membership with them has its privileges and for linking the pap to pa to grassroot & rc.

at least RC got a bit of special privilege, you dare to mention you from 369 in front of the police? [laugh]

this one also got privilege.

privilege to be ferried to police station for few hours of kopi. :D

other than putting on a good show

when MPs are coming to visit

what else do they do?

[rolleyes]

Abuse everything that is meant for the estate for their own private use.

My estate got karaoke room, and it's always used by the RC idiots who scram and

shout in the room, no one else in the estate is seen in that room. Special treatment?

I had one clown a few years ago, walked into my gym, and almost caused an accident with me

say in my face, "I RC member ok!" Yeah sure... Like i give you a fark.

Bloody abuse of position, free parking within the estate, can get children into the schools

jump q etc... no wonder so many unhappy with what's going on.

every year they also have annual dinner with MPs

complete with Karaoke, lucky draws and professional emcees

to thank them for their service to the community

everytime yam seng until 10 pm then stop

-_-

↡ Advertisement