Icarsclub

Baphomet

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/peer-peer...-160000291.html

Was reading yahoo news and this caught my attention. you guys heard of iCarsclub ?

Apparantly you can join as ifuelmembers and receive an esso card which gives you 20% discount.. and if registered with credit cards that gives you cash rebates.. u get the rebates on top of the 20%.. and yes memebership fee is free for 2 years.

what you guys think about this?

http://icarsclub.com/terms-conditions#registration-fuel

Edited by Baphomet
↡ Advertisement

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/peer-peer...-160000291.html

Was reading yahoo news and this caught my attention. you guys heard of iCarsclub ?

Apparantly you can join as ifuelmembers and receive an esso card which gives you 20% discount.. and if registered with credit cards that gives you cash rebates.. u get the rebates on top of the 20%.. and yes memebership fee is free for 2 years.

what you guys think about this?

http://icarsclub.com/terms-conditions#registration-fuel

cars so expensive, i dont want to rent it our in peer-peer sharing and anyhow use of a "rented" car, or spilling of hor fun in the car lol

the ifuel looks good! but must join as icarclub member first? not sure can register with credit card for monthly payment.

5.1 Car owners can register iFuelMembers with iCarsclub online, to enjoy petrol discount and many other privileges iCarsclub provides.

5.2 iCarsclub will issue an iFuelCard to each iFuelMember after registration.

5.3 The fuel cost of the current month by iFuelMembers is post-paid to iCarsclub between 1st to 5th of the next month. iFuelMembers agree for iCarsclub to deduct the discounted fuel cost from the payment methods they left with iCarsclub. The fuel consumption history and discount details will be shown in iFuelMembers account with iCarsclub online.

5.4 iFuelMember must only use the iFuelCard for the vehicle registered. iCarsclub has the right to call back or disable the iFuelCard if the card is miss used.

5.5 iFuelMember is subject to renewal every 2 years, and iCarslcub reserve all rights to adjust the admin / membership fee and other terms and conditions.

cars so expensive, i dont want to rent it our in peer-peer sharing and anyhow use of a "rented" car, or spilling of hor fun in the car lol

the ifuel looks good! but must join as icarclub member first? not sure can register with credit card for monthly payment.

5.1 Car owners can register iFuelMembers with iCarsclub online, to enjoy petrol discount and many other privileges iCarsclub provides.

5.2 iCarsclub will issue an iFuelCard to each iFuelMember after registration.

5.3 The fuel cost of the current month by iFuelMembers is post-paid to iCarsclub between 1st to 5th of the next month. iFuelMembers agree for iCarsclub to deduct the discounted fuel cost from the payment methods they left with iCarsclub. The fuel consumption history and discount details will be shown in iFuelMembers account with iCarsclub online.

5.4 iFuelMember must only use the iFuelCard for the vehicle registered. iCarsclub has the right to call back or disable the iFuelCard if the card is miss used.

5.5 iFuelMember is subject to renewal every 2 years, and iCarslcub reserve all rights to adjust the admin / membership fee and other terms and conditions.

ya..im not looking at the car rental part but the ifuel membership looks good at 20+% discount (including cash rebate).

You can just register as ifuel without renting out the car and get the same benifits.. You need to register your credit card with them though.

When pumping petrol just pay with their card and they will charge it to your credit card every month.

Sounds good leh.. I don't think any credit card combination can have higher discount.. need to ask if still can get smiles point or not. [:p]

Hi in fact anyone with a car can register as a iFuelmember to enjoy the strait forward 20% petrol discount!

Edited by Icarsclub

might as well get esso dividend card 17% + pts i calculate is around 2.5% also around the same.

any fineprint on what happens if rentee gets in accident and does not pay the excess ?

what if your car is dented or scratched and the rentee does not own up ?

looks high risk to me and i am not sure about whether its proper insurance coverage.

Hi in fact anyone with a car can register as a iFuelmember to enjoy the strait forward 20% petrol discount!

The moment I see this post, i totally drop ideal of signing up liao... when a company has to resort to this kind of "trickery" to lure ppl into signing up for its products...

Guess what, it just came back again in Deal.com.sg

Apparently it's crap because:

1) 1006 applications were received.

2) For those who did not get to buy the $29 offer, were given a $40 offer instead

3) The $40 promo code 09JAN doesn't work at all! :angry: Given by a lady (from China) called Joya.

4) Called her and ...can you believe it? She doesn't have a single clue what is happening [rolleyes]

5) Their admin keeps saying that your application is yet to be completed, but my car license plate was already registered, and it keeps saying action is to be done on my end (when the popup says "administrator is waiting to authenticate the credit card")

6) Their hotlines don't work, it's directed to someone who seemingly works from home (I called one of them before and she was driving at that time)

7) Their emails are redundant emails, which keep saying your application or promo code/merchant code doesn't work.

8) In a mass email, they go and pass ard everyone's contact list in a mass email

9) CASE can't do anything about them, because they are indeed offering a service (it's just their company that is messed up).

Why I am so angry is because, a similar deal that was promised ended up bust.

Outlet.com.sg liquidated

It's called "Once bitten, twice shy"

Stupidest car deal company I have ever encountered. :angry: :wacko:

ask them to check their system.

i also tried but failed, then emailed them.

reply came back saying my car is already registered and told to wait 3 weeks for the card.

*cross finger* no screw-up till i collected it [laugh]

if your purchased the $29 one, why settle for $40 one? use the receipt you received during your deal.com purchase as evidence.

Neutral Newbie

Fraud!!! I've already collected my ifuelcard. The fineprint stated clearly that members will enjoy 20% discount on top of prevailing credit cards. When I tried, it only gives me 20% discount. I sent an email to them and they called me that the card only gives 20% discount. No other discount on top of prevailing credit cards. They china lady even had the cheek to tell me that there was a mistake in their offer from deal.com.sg. The fineprints misled consumer and customer into buying their products. Click the link from deal.com.sg

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/iFu...uto-Accessories

Supercharged
(edited)

Fraud!!! I've already collected my ifuelcard. The fineprint stated clearly that members will enjoy 20% discount on top of prevailing credit cards. When I tried, it only gives me 20% discount. I sent an email to them and they called me that the card only gives 20% discount. No other discount on top of prevailing credit cards. They china lady even had the cheek to tell me that there was a mistake in their offer from deal.com.sg. The fineprints misled consumer and customer into buying their products. Click the link from deal.com.sg

http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singapore/iFu...uto-Accessories

Actually the terms stated is on top of credit cards with CASH REBATES not additional discount of the credit cards. If the credit card offer 10% discount, it doesn't mean you get 30% discount.

The term means: -

Petrol $100, I pay $80 charge to credit cards with cash rebates 5% of $80 you have $4 deductible in the credit card for our next purchases. It's like reward points system so maximum discount is only 20%. So you must register with a credit card that gives cash rebates. There's nothing misleading about the ads.

*PS - I'm not from the company and has no relationship with them

Edited by Carnoob

Turbocharged
(edited)

Correct what.. give you 20% straight at the pumps, then the credit card that you use to settle the bill will be the one giving you the additional cash rebate.. depending on which card you use.

Edited by Solar

Supercharged
(edited)

Existing discount does mean existing fuel discount. Many credit cards are offering cash rebates or reward points etc as promotions or discount on next purchases.

Technically speaking they are not wrong, they are playing with words unless specifically stated as on top of existing fuel discount offered by the credit cards. which so far I only see the petrol station stated that.

Edited by Carnoob
↡ Advertisement